OT Should have gone to Specsavers

!!!

Reply to
pamela

So she had a choice of having a Sathya or getting a Desmond

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

But got a Billy anyway.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Sathya ??

Desmond tutu

tim

Reply to
tim...

nope, don't get that either

tim

Reply to
tim...

and scroll down to the third definition.

Coming clean, nor did I immediately, but the urban dictionary is the place to look for explanations of slang words. You nearly got it anyway, but the lecher's name was Sathyamurthy, hence having a Sathya.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Woman is even stupid enough to say:

"The idea that I would invent it - why would I? "I've said it happened now, having not said anything about it before, because I think we need to look at how we make sure those people who are put in that position, feel able to complain, and those who do that, are held to account."

How very responsible of her, some 45 years after the alleged event. This, after having the nerve to criticise Theresa May for not responding quickly enough about Trump's views.

Reply to
Richard

It might have been cathartic in sone way to publicly relate the incident, but what good does publicly naming a dead man do? It will just upset his relitives who did no wrong.

Reply to
Graham.

Publicity for her book? And more money for the serialisation rights from - say - The Guardian?

Reply to
Robin

Perhaps he was goaded into it for a bet. Not exactly the sort of person one might associate with something like this in all seriousness.

One wonders quite why she mentioned it now, knowing it might upset his widow. Not very caring about that woman was she? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

you'll see from my other post that i got that one

tim

Reply to
tim...

Somehow I dont believe her. Its just my gut reaction. I am a fraction young er that HH. I went to university in 1974. Professors generally didnt do thi s sort of thing. Feminism in its sexist way had not taken off and what femi nism there was in universities tended to leave most of us highly regarded .

I can imagine possibly some banter where she might have made a comment to him about why she might need to do to get a better grade .Maybe she suggest ed sleeping with him even! Girls did do that. Honestly, I was there and kn ew about it. But for the most part sex was not a means of improving your de gree in the 1970's.

In the 1990's I did hear of a number of cases of pillow talk enhancing grades.

So, why is she bringing this now? Try to be relevant. Because she is "The H arperson" isnt she? Feminist agenda? Man cant defend himself..... I am more than dubious concerning her agenda here.

Of course, she got a upper second anyway, and according to her she rejecte d his advances.

Somehow I do wish changing your degree grade back then, but it was not the way things were.

Reply to
sclerderabbey

And she has a book to promote.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I find what;s more worrying is the women that might have said yes to such things where they have exchanged sex because they couldn't do what was asked so used thier bodies to get what they wanted. Womens groups never stand up against this sort of thing I wonder why.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Personally I don't think that is more worrying than blackmailing young women over whom one is in a position of trust. Worrying, yes, but not

*more* worrying.

That is of course without prejudice as to whether I believe the index event occurred, or not.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

A friend of mine has known her since university and does believe her.

Of course they did.

Reply to
Nightjar

Well he lost that bet.

Reply to
ARW

And why does your friend believe her? Was your friend told by her at the time?

Reply to
Richard

What reason has she to make it up? I'm certainly inclined to believe her.

I don't think they *generally* did it: but I am bloody sure that some of them did. Probably staff more junior than professors though.

Reply to
newshound