OT Seasonal Pastry Tip

SWMBO made the first batch of mince pies yesterday. She usually has a cup with a small ammount of water in which she dips her fingers into in order to wet the edge of the pastry when she sticks the lisds on.

I was washing up, and took cleared the cup away. When she complained, I got her another, but being ham fisted old me,

I filled it nealy to the brim. Hence she discovered that this made the job much easier!.

I wonder if there is a market for "half cups" where you just get the top half (rather than the touristy half tea cups where you get one side, or the ones they used to advertise in the Daily Mirror with the cut outs for the nipples).

Reply to
Zikki Malambo

On 16 Dec 2004 02:00:55 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@connectfree.co.uk (Zikki Malambo) strung together this:

What??

Reply to
Lurch

I think the finger bowl has already been invented :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

In message , Rob Morley managed to combine nouns and verbs in a pleasing form to communicate the following;

Won't the missing bottom half cause all the water to flow out of the top half of the cup and soak the pastry?

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair