OT: remote control central locking etc

Ah, but I've crashed the ECU in my Sierra Cosworth and set off assorted burglar alarms.

Reply to
Huge

Depends on where in the country your located, the MOD is the primary user, amateurs secondary, a number of primary user/protected sites have active jamming to prevent remote initiation of 'devices'. Central london also has a segment issued to commercial PMR with quite high power transmitters. A number of car remotes operate on 418 and 458 but most are on 433.2 a frequency that was not originally issued to them but rather taken by the manufacturers and gained by default, even so a high power transmitter (5 watts is high compared with a remote blipper) within a few meg will swamp the receiver as most are simple re-gen designs, something that will get worse in the future as more frequencies are sold off to the highest bidder....

Reply to
Badger

Nor me, thats what the keys are for!

Reply to
Badger

Before Rover collapsed, I made a point of asking about high power TX's fitted to my cars. ( manual stated that it was not advisable) They stated thAt they had never encountered a problem. When I said that I would be running a tad more than a taxi, they still insisted that it would not be a problem.

I have had more problems with an Icom 706 mk2 with separation cable, than with the car. The radio locked up on HF (forty), mid conversation :-(

Burglar alarms don't count ;-) They are fair game, like next door's TV/audio systems.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Preston. Lancs

Not much, if any, military activity here, even though we have BAe Systems quite close.

All problems with non car access are due to radio hams. I should know, I am one.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Listen on 433.2 then, you may hear comms, not just open carriers

Reply to
Badger

TETRA has two frequency bands. 380-400 is used by the emergency services (Airwave system by O2) and 410-430 which was allocated to public use. The service provider was Dolphin but I believe they may have folded.

Reply to
Howard Neil