OT Rant - Idle Essex Polis again

LOL ... so that would be deja-deja-vous then? You are quite some broken record ...
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Then its more than likley that the caravan swerved in front of the HGV.
You appear to undersand little of driving, despite having driven an HGV at far too close distances to other traffic for many years.
Have you actually TOWED a caravan, at 10mph over the speed limit for a caravan?
As the punter you described was doing.
I've seen it time and time again. They will start oscillating with nothing more than a gust of wind.
Ive even had te same thing happened with a highly loaded land rover. It was simply unsafe to drive at over 55mph, although well within load limits, because any slight swerve would get amplifed by the weight in the rear..

Point is, the rabbit should not have sprung out in the road, and you should not have been tailgating to the extent that another driver taking the space putss you immediately into a compromised position.
Arrogant tosser.
You should be disqualified.

<snip

Poss off you clueles fuckwit.
Go and buy a copy of the highway code if you want to argue with yourself....

Does "Poss"'ing off involve possums? You disgusting little boy - always knew something was wrong with you!
<snip>

If a caravan starts and does not stop violently swaying - it's going too fast, or the driver is not able to cope with it. A gust of wind could as easily have started it swaying. Caravans at speed are unstable.

... or the noseweight is wrong, or the load is badly distributed.

Not necessarily. It's just that there's more to it than just buttoning it on the back.

What I meant, thanks for clarifying.

Quite bloody right. To blame the XR3 is beyond ridiculous. If such a small thing caused a crash, the caravan must have been *right* on the limit and therefore should have been locked up before he could cause such an accident. Pity he didn't take Jerry off the road with him ..

What U gonna do NP when your that old;?...

Theres a lot of it about!.......
--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer wrote:

Dammiu, I am almost that old, and believe me I already accept that my reflexes are not what they used to be. I hope I will have the humilty to accept that when I am no longer fit to dricve, I will stop.

Hmm.

I hope I have the strength to stick to my resolution to give up driving when I find 70 mph uncomfortably fast under all circumstances.
--
Roger

contains these words:

I wish the "looks about 900 years old" I passed today had done the same. 25 mph on a fairly straight derestricted country road. I seem to recall you used to get booked for holding up the traffic in the old days.
Mike wrote:

Not a problem to you, then, since you passed him.
If you are driving slowly, you should pull over when necessary to let faster traffic pass.

issue with

couplings.
enough
a small

limit and

accident.
You utter fuckwit idiot, the CAUSE was the excessive speed of the XR3.

What had the accident? The caravan. What caused the accident? The caravan driving so dangerously that a puff of breeze from a little car pushed it off the road.
You are a complete and utter retard.

caravan
off
Also if the gust of wind from an XR3 overtaking could cause the caravan to swerve, surely the first car coming the other way, or even the backdraught from a fixed hard object like a bridge, would have had it off anyway.
And have you noticed how the lorry drivers love to hassle caravan drivers on the M1 until one blows over ? I bet Jerry joins in.

I don't know about the 'antisocial' part but the 'dangerously unaware' is certainly true.
Regards Jeff

I must be blind ... can't say I've noticed!! Plenty of dangerous and antisocial prats though.
Tony wrote;

I've always wondered exactly when the 30, 40 & 50 limits were set. 30 ish years ago I learned to drive in a car which had 4 small drum brakes.
The car I drive now has all round, servo assisted disc brakes with ABS and Electronic Stability Control. Speed limits are the same.
The 'thinking distance' in the Highway Code should probably stay the same, but the stopping distance of a modern car is much, much shorter.
I know the 70 limit was a fuel saving measure, but when were the other limits set?
Dave
David Lang wrote:

With cross ply tyres and no servo assist either probably!

The highway code still has the stopping distance for a car shown as being over 300 feet:
http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.htm#105
That might be about right for an artic or something with low breaking efficiency, but is daft for even a basic modern car.

The adoption of LED break light clusters could even reduce thinking distance a little - they can gain another car length reduction at 70.
> but the stopping distance of a modern car is much, much shorter.
Most cars will do well under 200' these days. A performance car can be sub 150'

They were phased in over time - they started with 30 and unrestricted. Then added 40 I think. 50 came later. 80mph on motorways was introduced in the sixties and reduced to 70 as a temporary measure in the fuel crisis of the seventies.
--
Cheers,

John.