OT Rant - Idle Essex Polis again



Definitely 100% behind that rationale.
a
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
al wrote:

I will repeat my manrtra..prosecute those who have accidents, those who cause accidents, and prosecute them hard. Have a full blown investigatuion whenever someone is killed, and make someone responsible.
Have a less throriough investigatin whenever a car has to be towed away from the scene as well, and prosecute less severely.
And forget about speed as the 'only thing that causes acidents' because, by itself, it has never ever caused a single accident. Its always in conjunction with something else, and that something else may or may not be affected by the speed at all.
The most damage I ever did to another car, and the most culpable I have ever been of gross stupidity, was in cutting a corner at 15 mph which should not have been blind, but due to extraordinary combinations of screen pillars and trees and the times I actually checked it, was, and writing off my own and a neigbours car.
I would not have been unhappy to have been docked 9 points and a 200 quid fine for that incident. Needless to say the police were not even interested.
The number of times though I have been done for petty and minor infringements of a technical nature....makes me sick.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<snip>

who
responsible.
But the person who has cause the accident is often miles down the road by the time the accident is in the hands of the police, how are you going to prosecute the idiot who has weaved at high speed in and out of traffic driving at (or below) the limit and has thus caused the accident

away
because,
not
<snip>
Speed ALWAYS has a governing factor in the accident (and the resulting damage), no accidents would ever happen if we all travel around at 1 mph, even the average walking speed (IIRC) of 3 mph is enough to cause people to walk into each other at times.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And therefore the utter irrelevance of any of your argument. Just like total security on a PC can only be achieved with one thing - pulling out all the power.
a
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message news:429b01fa$0$48347

resulting
1
cause
like
out all

Your remark says far more about your mentality than it does mind.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

In that case, you can't.. and provided all witnesses agree, then that's life.

Indeed. Its always some osrt of ator, because what causes damage is acceleration, and you don't get acceleration without relative velocity.
However I maintain that the current state of road traffic engineering, and the law, and the way its enforced, are at best neutral with respect to road safety, and often actually make roads more dangerous, because of the total insistence that speed is the only thing that makes roads unsafe...whereas the truth is its the only law that can be enforced blindly and rigidkly by a computerised system that generates a profit.
Whilst the speed debate rages, people are getting killed for entirely different reasons. THAT is criminal.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<snip>

entirely
Agreed, and is why I think that people who kill whilst driving should be charged with Murder and not Man-slaughter or some such offence.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Murder has to be premeditated. You've got to set out with the intention of killing. But the penalties for both murder and manslaughter overlap, so a judge - who knows the facts rather better than the Mail - can give the appropriate sentence.
--
*Microsoft broke Volkswagen's record: They only made 21.4 million bugs.

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Exactly, but don't try being rational with Jerry. Not understanding the difference between two entirely separate types of crimes and therefore wanting to label them blindly as one kinda follows every aspect of his thinking and is aptly demonstrated by his apparent IQ.
a
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

of
a
I know. He's unreal. During my life I have had two friends/colleagues killed in car accidents, one kidnapped and beheaded in Saudi and one who got out of 9/11 because she was in the South tower and had the sense to get out.
To me that's one murder, one attempted murder and two unfortunate events which at the extreme limit might be cases for manslaughter.
But as many cases for manslaughter fail, including all rail accident cases brought to date I believe, causing death by dangerous driving is the sensible charge.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

No. Murder implies intent. Manslaughter is the correct legal charge. Killing someone substantially by your own actions (or negligence) even though you never planned or intended to.
Murder could only be used for e.g. road rage types who deliberately seek to injure.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Which is what I was trying to hint at earlier with my vehicle weight argument. Speed and weight both apply energy to a crash in the same way. Therefore both could be considered bad from that point of view as when a crash does happen, both are equally going to cause damage (well, that may not be 100% true as crashes are hugely complex things in terms of two objects hitting, never mind the human aspects beforehand of reaction time, driving ability, tyre performance, road grip, etc.).
However, what ties those two elements of force together to cause an accident in the first place? Come on Jerry, rub your head to warm it up. What's that? A driver? Really? You mean it takes someone driving like an idiot regardless of speed to cause most crashes? Wow ... common sense at last ...
a
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

What about the ability of other lagitamate road users ?

Have you any experiance what so ever in this field, other than just a car driver?

should be?

roads
would be

Oh right, so kids never arrive late or leave early (legitimately that is..), also, what about the times that children are taken out of school by the staff ? If there needs to be a 20 mph limit outside schools at the start and finish of the school day then there is an argument that the limit needs to be there an hour before to an least an hour after the official school day.

But there is a problem with that, I once witnessed what could have been a very serious accident due solely to speed of a passing car, HGV on the inside lane doing it's governed 55 mph, a (large) car and caravan passing and just clearing the front of said lorry using the centre lane, at this point a prat in a XR3 Escort (I think) passed by in the outside lane doing well over 80 (I suspect [1]), this cause 'wind cut' to effect the caravan which then tried to overtake the towing vehicle - swaying at least 45 degs from where is should have been - If the caravan had rolled it would have taken the towing car and it occupants with it, probably involved the HGV with it, I would probably have also hit wreckage and what vehicles behind would have been involved I can only guess....
[1] I was following behind the car and caravan in a 7.5t lorry.

inappropriate
dense
breaching
<snip>
But what is inappropriate conditions, in my example above the XR3 driver would not have known of the danger until he passed (he would have just seen to lorries passing one another), the issue was speed and speed alone - other than speed there was factor involved.
As for driving to close, the problem is often the prat in front, the one who has filled the gap between two other vehicles...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Ah, now your arrogance is explained

who is tailgating me !
Regards Jeff
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote

You really are a moron and a half.

white van

After you over-take and cut in front on the approach to a junction...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Which is why caravans are limited to 50mph. Thger IS a definite issue with light caravans being towed by light cars with articulated couplings.
It was the caravan driver who was at fault.
And if you wre following a caravan at 60mph in a large lorry close enough to see what happened, you were too.

No, teh size of te lorry being overtaken and the pressure wave off its front was the issue. The XR3 generates almost nothing. 30mph relative overtaking velocity is a little higher than I care to use meself, but its still well within the bounds of acceptable on all but a very crowded mototrway.

No, its you, for not slowing down and giveing the prat the room he hasn't given himself.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HGV
the
by
have
car
would
have
issue
couplings.
But they are NOT limited to 50, the limit for a car towing a trailer is 60 mph on Duel carriage-ways and Motorways.

No it was not, it was caused by the excessive speed of the vehicle passing in the outside lane.

You wanker, you might only look at the front of your bonnet, I look well ahead.

would
speed
its
relative
but
crowded
Look you natural wanker, the caravan did not start it's violent swaying until the XR3 passed - even though the car and caravan had passed the HGV.

the
Your a utter wanker, the driver of the 'gap filling' vehicle should not have attempted to pass unless they could clear all the vehicles, HWC point 143. Go find a clue moron before you kill someone. The point is, if the following vehicle has had to slow down after another vehicle has pulled in it's already to late if the gap is to small.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I'm sure he, and most people here, would rather be a natural one than an un-natural one!!
You really do float low in the gene pool, don't you??
a
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<snip>

Stop talking about yourself, we can't help if you only have a small dick...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Oh come on .. please ask a teenager around for some advice on how to argue. I'm sure they'll tell you the "no you did" repetition of using the same lame insult 15 times over shows a complete lack of imagination and intellect.
a
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.