OT quad/trail bike obstructions

I'm not "exempt from the law". Like I said, my access is entirely legal. Your understanding of the law is wrong.

Reply to
Huge

"the poster was being deliberately provocative" is an odd way of saying "I was wrong".

Reply to
Huge

Reply to
Huge

Ahh, so things mean what you say they mean.

Reply to
Huge

Pretty much irrelevant to a lot of people though. Driving along a bridleway is safe most of the time so the law can be ignored just like speed limits can be ignored.

Reply to
dennis

No, they're called "green lanes", because even years ago there was a definition of "road" and these were accepted as being outside it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I am quite willing to accept that there are specific circumstances where there are exceptions to the general rule which is very clear i.e. that motorised vehicles are not normally allowed to use bridleways. The OP stated that the people using the bridleway were not likely to be covered by an exception. Making a statement that contradicts another without any explanation of why is not constructive. If you can justify your assertion with some facts then please do so.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Why would a BHS bod be interested in helping me?

Perhaps cynically I would expect all they would be interested in is stopping me from attempting to dissuade quads/bikes as from their sole point of view it *may* also allegedly impede horsey types....?

You asked which county & I replied - did you have some information to pass on?

ta Jim

Reply to
jim

Part of the problem is that the ramblers association have successfully campaigned to get so many dirt roads closed to vehicals that there are aren't many legal places they can run. I don't think you'll have much success building obstructions. Anything a horse can get around, a bike will be able to get around as well. If you put a few 18" fences as suggested by someone else, they'll just put a plank or two on them as use them as jump practice.

I would try and contact your local TRF branch (http://

They don't like illegal bike riders any more than anybody else and they might have some constructive ideas.

If you contact the police, point out the bikes aren't road legal (probably illegal exhaust, not road-approved tyres, may be no lights etc) as well as riding illegally. The police around me have the occassional clamp down on illegal riders so you might get lucky.

Matt

Reply to
matthelliwell

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember jim saying something like:

To sell you some t-shirts, of course.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon