OT: Prostate Trouble

having surgery often is

there are non surgical solutions

Reply to
tim...

but a better question is, why do they do it at all?

given that it's a poor indicator of the problem

and nowadays there are several non invasive methods that get better results

Reply to
tim...

I've had one. PAE. But, I recommend Rezum, which is now more freely available on the NHS.

Reply to
GB

Ha! Not when I trained! ;-). The maxim then was ?Put you finger in it before you put your foot in it?.

A rectal examination costs nothing, is quick and easy and CAN detect a cancerous prostate. Of course things have changed but there?s still a place for a ?quick and dirty? test that can give useful information quickly.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

They like to keep their hand in?

Reply to
Clive Arthur

When you say dirty ... :)

I find digital rectal examinations pretty uncomfortable. However, it's quick! An MRI scan is also unpleasant and takes ages.

I kept thinking, what happens if the superconduction fails and the helium boils? The door to the unit was a foot thick pressure door, so the risk assessment had seen that one as worth considering. :)

Reply to
GB