OT Project fear continues on the Beeb

On 07/12/17 13:23, Chris B wrote:

Currently butter in the UK - aitroise essenrual is am9ongs te cheaper end - is £6.52 per kilo
In new zealand, its £5.11 premium and about £3.70 for cheap deals deals'
WE can look forward to better tropical fruit, butter lamb etc etc froim Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, as well as cheaper wine.
--
All political activity makes complete sense once the proposition that
all government is basically a self-legalising protection racket, is
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Another remoaner lie. When Britain is free to import what food it imports from anywhere it likes in the world without any EU tariff on it, it will in fact go down, you silly little pathological liar.

Anything that currently has an EU tariff imposed on it when it doesn’t come from the EU. And given that most EU food is produced by very inefficient propped up EU food producers, just as true of the food that isnt obtained from EU countrys once Britain leaves, liar.

The bulk of the steel still comes from china, liar.

Yep, same non competitive laws apply to the entire EU.

But will be free to do anything you like when outside the EU.

All the stupid stuff about what color jackets must be used, all the stupid rigmarole with visitors like Adam that know how to do things safely already.

Impossible to quantify.

That’s not GDP.

No need, he knows the difference between GDP and trade even if you are too stupid to know the difference.
And the bulk of Britain's trade with the EU will continue with Britain outside the EU anyway and most of it doesn’t compete with the EU so there is no point in the EU imposing any tariff on that trade. And even if the EU is that stupid, the tariff is unlikely to be more than the devaluation of the pound and so it will be cheaper for the EU importers so they will continue to buy that stuff anyway.

There are no mandatory tariffs under the WTO rules.

Another bare faced pig ignorant lie. The devaluation of the pound relative to the euro is more than the tariff so the goods exported to the EU will in fact be cheaper.

Not when they are cheaper, fool.

Very little of which will have any tariff imposed and even the stuff that does like with ag exports, those will be cheaper in the hands of the buyers.

More of your flagrant remoaner dishonesty.

Another bare faced pig ignorant lie with the energy that comes from europe.

By fuck all in fact.

Most medicines arent imported, you silly little pathological liar.

It has to be true with any EUian from places like Poland and Romania free to move to Britain and work for the minimum wage that is much better than where they are coming from.

Even sillier than you usually manage with the health care system alone.

In fact its about equal numbers of both types.

But is going to stop the worst of the EU immigrants that don’t bother to work and just bludge on the welfare system.
We've already seen quite a few leave now that they are aware that they arent welcome, even before Britain has left.

That is what you claim, that jobs will start to go. There is no evidence that any jobs will go, and even if some so, that will be more than compensated for by the EUians no longer coming.

And with Britain out of the EU, it will be free to tell the UK bludgers that if they don’t do that work, they don’t get any benefits.

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

What about the non EU immigrants ? You can't even manage a consistent line in bare faced lies.

And Britain wont have to pay any benefits to EUians.

Another bare faced remoaner lie.

And with fewer EU migrants, the locals will do those jobs and pay the same tax and wont be sending the cash out of the country, they will be spending it in the country instead.

What you remoaners tell everyone are bare faced lies.

You wouldn’t know what the truth was if it bit you on your lard arse, remoaner.
Fact remains, the majority who bothered to vote voted to leave and you remoaners get to like that or lump it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That assumes other parts of the world have spare capacity to sell to us. Australia & New Zealand have found other customers for their products.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That must be why they are so keen to restore their trade links with the UK as explained by the Australian Ambassador recently.
--
bert

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Every country in the world will be very keen to get access to the UK market. Why wouldn't they want to sell us stuff? The 64,000 dollar question is how we're going to pay for it. But don't let a little think like that worry you.
--
*Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?*

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Well we're not paying for it now.
--
bert

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Most of them wont be interested.

Same way you clowns pay more for what you get from the EU.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 07/12/17 22:15, charles wrote:

The staggering naivete on display by remoaners never ceases to amaze. It's clear that they have never operated on a commercial envoronment at all.
If a market exists, and the price is right, production can be increased.
Marginal land for grazing becomes viable if the price of cattle or sheep products rises.
Before the EEC, we imported beef from argenina, fruit from australia and south africa, lamb and dairy from new zealand and when we joined the EEC ALL THESE WENT UP IN PRICE. and we didnt import them any more.,
Then we had butter mountains and wine lakes....
Complete communist style utter fuckups...
--
The biggest threat to humanity comes from socialism, which has utterly
diverted our attention away from what really matters to our existential
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 08/12/2017 05:12, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Rubbish they have been sold in supermarkets for decades. The trouble is NZ lamb and Argentine beef isn't as nice as UK/Irish stuff. All the imported meat used to be frozen too which made it worse.
You lievers must get you carer to do the shopping.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

True. Now explain just why the UK has such a bad trade balance in goods.
After all it is such a simple thing in your tiny world. Of course you'll blame it on the EU. But not explain how Germany manages to do so much better.

Ah - back to importing things again. We already do far too much of that. Especially of all those products which can be easily produced here.

And your kindergarten views of economics help just how?
--
*I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner*

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 14:19:13 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Germany enjoys a massively unfair international trade advantage. The PIIGS countries hold the value of the euro down for them. Mrs. Merkel is always keen to point this out to those in her own country who want out of this madness and go back to the D-Mark.
--
This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via
the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Are you therefore saying the UK would have done better if it had joined the Euro zone?
Perhaps you'd explain to Turnip that having an undervalued currency makes imports more expensive. He is looking forward to having cheap food from around the world.
--
*Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Exactly. Just look at how a small drop in the pound has helped our exports - every region in the UK reporting a significant increase.
--
bert

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

and all imported goods cost more - or hadn't you noticed
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

For the same reason the entire modern first world except Australia does, the cost of production is much lower in China for all by the most complex stuff like aircraft engines, aircraft etc and stuff they can't do like financial services and docos and banking etc.

Much worse with stuff like financial services, the best scotch, docos etc.

That’s what all modern world countrys do.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that’s saying something.
There is no alternative.

But not anything like as cheaply.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Those are opinions not facts. You should forget the BBC and read more. The latest EU policies on dumping will actually give less protection from the Chinese not more. So your statement is a lie.

Cheaper food wider market access across the world, better protection from dumping, less red tape for UK business who do not trade with the EU, more scope for innovation, more money for the NHS, flexible labour laws creating more jobs, cheaper exports as the pound has adjusted to a more realistic level, control of the use of our own armed forces in conflicts. Now where are your facts to support your claim of worse safety standards?
--
bert

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You're easily frightened. The EU has not come up with any legal basis for a divorce bill. We expect to pay in as long as we are members and at the longest up to the end of the current budget cycle, and even that is very generous.
If the EU can't meet it's commitments beyond that then they will have to learn to something which anyone in the private sector is very familiar with - cut their cloth accordingly.

Really can't be bothered. Look for it yourself.

What childish nonsense. There was a long energetic referendum campaign examining all sides of the issue and the people were offered a vote. Now you just whinge because you failed to use that vote and your favoured side lost. If you felt there was insufficient information to go for Leave then you should have voted to Remain.

There are other reasons for leaving the EU as has been explained so many times. The paucity of your argument is amply illustrated by your resorting to cheap abuse.
--
bert

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
<snip> >>Ok ... and that means you (Brexiteers) don't consider or plan for

When it comes to the future of the UK and with no tangible prediction that any of the Brexiteer 'hopes' coming to fruition as yet, can you blame me (and millions of others around the world of course).

Ok, maybe there has been some confusion on this 'divorce bill'. I've only considered it as us paying anything that we owe and that we have promised towards other plans or projects (that may well benefit us directly and indirectly in any case).

To you and other fanatical Brexiteers it seems.

It's nothing to do with that but all to do with us simply honouring our commitments.

Yup, easy way out when there is nothing to show. If you are so convinced leaving the EU *will* be a good thing for 'most people' in the UK, why don't you share your facts with everyone and maybe you will get more people onboard? Simples.

In your opinion I'm guessing.

In your eyes maybe there was. Many people didn't have a clue re what was going on until they put pen to poll paper.

Where have I done any of that? I'm guessing you follow this win / lose philosophy, that democracy is locked at that point in time and people can't still be skeptical that we are doing the right thing (by 'we' I mean those who felt they knew enough about it to make a reason decision either way at that time).

Oh, you should have told me that's what I had to do at the time, 'Brexiteer'.
Unfortunately, all you have done there (again) is demonstrate why you shouldn't 'open you mouth till your brain is in gear'. What part of 'I couldn't rationalise if voting Leave or Remain would be the best for most people in the UK' do you find so vary hard to understand? A fact that stood at the time and is not one bit different today.
See, I'm not like you, with the absence of any tangible facts (and not just your own axe grind or crusade) could toss a coin and vote whichever way it fell. In my mind, *you* and your kind are the irresponsible ones for voting at all!
You had no idea if there was going to be any divorce bill, let alone what it might be. You had no idea what we will be able to negotiate re any trade deals or the customs boarder in NI or pretty well anything. Maybe you didn't realise these things might be an issue and we should just cast ourselves off from the EU and 'hope' everything will be just tickety-boo?

You think that a fanatical Brexiteer putting over their opinion is 'explaining' anything do you?

Borne out of the complete frustration re the arrogance of 'some people' who pretend they *know* the right answer but never seem able to back up their 'beliefs' with anything other than their own opinions.
Ok, let's say that some unelected bureaucrat in Brussels is on the make and thinks up some law that affects all of us in the UK negatively (like giving your house and job to some 'foreigner). Who is to say that that same corrupt bureaucrat hasn't also made 20 more laws or rules that also affect us positively? Do you think removing him from the picture and getting the job done locally is actually going to fix things 100%?
Is it that you are willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater, risking all our futures on some principal that may not even be valid?
I don't mind if it is as at least that would be *an* answer!
Cheers, T i m
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Bwhahaha ... that's it, run away coward!
Every time .... e v e r y t i m e these cowardy fanatic Brexiteers try it on they faceplant ... and of course they will continue to do so because they don't actually have a leg to stand on and behind their bluster, personal crusades and axe grinding, I believe they know it.
That's why none of them can or have ever actually put up any facts that substantiate their totally irrational viewpoint.
I guess they just think that the other ~50 of the electorate got it all wrong (along with the other ~30% who didn't vote at all who should obviously voted leave etc) and they and only they are 100% right.
And they are trying to convince me they were right and I (and all those cited above) are wrong but with no facts whatsoever.
All I have ever said is I'm not convinced leaving the EU *will* be a good thing (and 'of course' that would be nearly impossible to predict, given how complex the situation and the complete lack of any real justification to do so) that we were actually doing pretty well in the UK (and I know it could all change re the EU in the future but that requires a crystal ball again) and everything I've seen so far looks like there was little forward planning and the whole Brexit thing to be a farce.
And the government, in an effort to demonstrate to the country that it was working for them, offered a snap election and then lost it's power! Apparently the Brexiteers read all this as confirmation that 'most people' want us out of the EU!
I bet they can see the face of Jesus on their toast as well. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Given we haven't yet left the EU? And I take it you think the negotiations going awfully well? Exactly as brexiteers predicted?
Which planet are you on today?

--
*You sound reasonable......time to up my medication

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.