OT Project fear continues on the Beeb

What a load of drivel! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39537726 We'll all be driving electric cars soon.
On 29-Nov-17 8:36 AM, harry wrote:

Project fear is Brexiteer speak for inconvenient truth.

They need to be improved a huge amount before that is likely. However, we do appear to being forced to drive hybrids in future.

Colin Bignell

The £4300 per person and half million unemployed we were all threatened with, these represent "truth", do they?
--
"If you're not able to ask questions and deal with the answers without feeling
that someone has called your intelligence or competence into question, don't
On 29/11/17 10:24, Tim Streater wrote:

quite possibly.
We don't have a crystal ball. But I wonder what was in the government's reports that they won't publish. Something so awful that Davis would rather be accused of Contempt of Parliament than tell us.
What a fuck up brexit is!
TW

And that's as much as we know of the future as anything else and from / by anyone else (Brexiteers included).

The Brexiteers must have ... and must have all this down on some big (peer tested) spreadsheet where they know *categorically* just what everything will cost and how much better off we will all be in the future (mustn't they?). I mean, who would vote us out with so much conviction *without* having this all planned out first. We should ask them exactly what the 'divorce' payments are as I'm guessing no one in their right mind would vote out 'at any cost' eh, that would be crazy!

Good question. ;-(

It does make you wonder eh. But hey, around 1/3rd of the population voted out so out it must be ... at any cost and no matter what new evidence comes to light that might prove leaving to be a complete disaster for all of us! ;-(
That's 'democracy' (Brexiteer stylee) apparently.
Cheers, T i m

And all the sums and political factors were carefully calculated when we voted to join Europe 40+ years ago were they? How did they work out? The Europeans knew what they were sucking us into even if we didn't.
Can't wait to see the savings of ?25m/day (approx and based on https://visual.ons.gov.uk/uk-perspectives-2016-the-uk-contribution-to-the-eu-budget/)
over the next 40yrs.
--
AnthonyL

[37 lines snipped]

Don't hold your breath. (*) We've got to make up the £20bn we've already lost, first.
(* Actually, do. The only good Brexiteer is a dead Brexiteer.)
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 42nd day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3183
On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 12:40:05 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@please.invalid (AnthonyL) wrote:
<snip> >>The Brexiteers must have ... and must have all this down on some big

I'm not sure what that has to do with the situation we are in atm?

(Were the...) 4th Highest GDP, people desperate to improve their lives to get here, not bad probably?

They did? Cite?

Yeah, I particularly like the:
"... please note that none of the figures on the money flowing between the UK and EU are fully reflective of the total costs and benefits of EU membership as these are complex and difficult to quantify."
So, where is this spreadsheet you were using at justify us walking away?
Cheers, T i m
On 30/11/17 11:59, T i m wrote:

It's worse than we even knew. Did anybody even mention the 'Divorce Bill' when the referendum was on? It seems not. The Leave Campaign had no idea there would be a Divorce Bill and the Remain side were just as clueless.
This week the news is that it is 'agreed' and 'settled' but we still don't know what the figure is! £65bn? ! Maybe. The ignorant are still saying 'WE KNOW WHAT WE VOTED FOR'
tw

Tee-hee. Keep trying to persuade yourself.
--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

The Eu still has not come up with any legal basis for their claim.
--
bert

Actually I don't understand how this claim is still extant. It was comprehensively dismantled by a junior civil servant right at the start of the process. To the consternation of the EU dweebs who couldn't understand how any country could have the effrontery to disagree with anything they assert.
--
If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment.

Ernest Rutherford

Pray tell, oh sage, just what that claim is? Then pass that on to Ms May, who doesn't appear to have any figure.
--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *

I will tell you, oh thicko, when the EU comes up with a precise figure.
--
bert

I see. You don't think they have a legal basis for a claim when you don't know what it is. Very brexiteer, that. Not a fact in sight.
--
*Who is this General Failure chap anyway - and why is he reading my HD? *

I accept the opinion of learned counsel that no legal basis for a claim. Only a thicko would think that the legal validity was in any way determined by the actual size of the claim. You remoaners continually show your increasing desperation to come up with any sort of rational arguments or facts.
--
bert

On Thursday, 30 November 2017 18:09:39 UTC, TimW wrote:

Didn't everyone who voted to join the EEC in 1971 also agree on a 6£5B divorce bill, seems stange they never thought that anyone would ever want to leave such a great idea. It's like they never knew divorces could happen in a 'marraige' Couldn't we just chop of their heads as Henry VIII did that'll sort the di vorce ;-)
On 01/12/17 13:18, whisky-dave wrote:

No one voted to join the EEC in 1971. Heath did it without asking us.

It was portrayed as a siomple trade treaty. That we could get out of just by unsigning it.
--
“A leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,

And we were party to all the other things that came with the EEC changing into the EU. But don't let simple facts get in your way.

--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sexŒ.Œ.just don't point!

He was merely pointing out that we were never asked explicitly (i.e. via a referendum, etc) whether we wanted the "upgrade"... Last year, on the other hand, the question was very clear.