OT Problem writing script

I have two different programs on a disc inside thier own folders.

I have two jpeg pics. one for each program in a folder called buttons.

I have in the root of the disc a file called autorun, contents being:

[autorun] ShellExecute=program.html

The program.html file contents are this:

  'My Backup Programs'

Please choose which program you would like to install

Now the problem is this, when the autorun file is activated by putting the disc in the cd player of the PC, the buttons don't show except for the borders and if you click inside where the buttons are, I get this:

Error! Could not open file

You tried to access the address file://localhost/photostudio/setup, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Please could anyone possibly help me out. I have done something rather stupid I know but can not see it

Kindest regards,

James

Reply to
the_constructor

the_constructor coughed up some electrons that declared:

Two things - file names should probably have / not \ in this context.

And it seems that accessing a url /a/b/c is defaulting to http://localhost/a/b/cI suggest relative URLs so that browser should used the same base as the html parent page, eg:

Try that - see what happens...

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

On 25 June, 08:22, "the_constructor" wrote: [...]

Posting to the correct newsgroup would be a start. Just a thought.

Reply to
Edward

Might I suggest trying a nice little front-end menu util (free) called PStart :-)

Colin Wilson

Pray tell which one would you suggest.

Replies to questions on the ones I have been on before run by yanks aqre just downright abusive

Reply to
the_constructor

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

Reply to
the_constructor

No probs - I use it as the front-end menu for one of my emergency rescue CDs (I give them out like smarties to my colleagues) and have the most commonly used stuff direct from the menu)

Reply to
Colin Wilson