[OT] Police and Mosquito Devices

'tis a well documented fact Dave - and cause quite a bit of consternation in the class-room so it seems.

Clever little beggers these youngsters - now if the troublemakers could turn these skill to the goog... :-)

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

It amazes me that people can calmly discuss a sonic weapon designed for use against children, openly on sale to anyone who wants it. The only explanation I can imagine is that we now regard children as not being entitled to the normal protection of the law. It's already well-established that we care little for them (see

so I suppose this is the logical next step - sonic repellants for rats, children and other vermin.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I suspect this is a comforting myth propagated by the device's manufacturers, who used to offer it as a download from their sales site at one time. Eg - "The kids dont really mind, it's all a bit of a laugh really". I've certainly never heard kids talking about using or downloading it, and I am 'down wit da yoof' on a daily basis.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Yes, obviously. But they're only children, so they get what the deserve.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Come back when you've designed a device which only causes distress to anti-social youths. This one hurts all children, and it's a disgrace.

Few prosecutions so far, but the Thames Valley Police line shows the direction the wind is blowing. If the govt doesn't take action this year, then it will be forced upon them by judicial review or ECHR. I shall laugh out loud when the company refuses refunds to all it's disappointed, child-hating customers.

I'm really beginning to worry about your grasp of logic. It's expressly *designed and sold* to be a nuisance!

Reply to
Steve Walker

Jings Steve, did some of wife's DNA rub off on you? That's almost exactly one of her rants. She's long had the opinion that the British really, really hate children.

In the town where we used to live in Surrey, the police used to run activities for teenagers in the evenings. The place was a sleepy little market town with no particular problems. In the evening it was a pleasant place to wander around, have a coffee/beer/meal.

The police were then forced to give up this work because it doesn't fit with government ideas of how to deal with children and police authority views of how to spend money. Now kids are simply harassed by the police, and the police search as hard as they can for reasons to hand out ASBOs so they can reach their ASBO target each month.

The town is now very unpleasant to spend tim in/around and like many small market towns after dark the kids gather around the shops, buy cheap cider and drink themselves horizontal. I can understand why, there's damn all else provided for them to do and as soon as they gather somewhere the police will arrive to push them around a bit.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Obviously noone cares about children. We are British after all. :-)

But what about cute bunnies, squirrels, birds, dogs, cats, bats, insects, moles, hares, hedgehogs, hamsters, ponies, foxes and all the rest? Can they hear these things? What effects do they have? Time for the RSPCA to jump in? (If they have the time after rescuing horses....)

Reply to
Rod

God yes, can you imagine the outcry if someone designed a similar device to cause distress to any horses that ventured near your property?

Reply to
Steve Walker