OT Photoshop 7 help if possible please

Hi all, Am using a desktop computer with Photoshop 7 I realise it is considered an old program but it's one I know or thought I did.

Somehow I closed the main background page and now when I try to open it all I get is the left side of the tool selection controls. I know there is a button to re set all pallet locations but because I cant see the main page cannot get to it.

Can anyone please direct me on how to re set the programme defaults please I did find a utube clip on this but as I am hard of hearing could not hear it well enough to follow.

I will be grateful for any help. Mick.

Reply to
Mick IOW

Hi again, Sorted it by shutting the computer down and re start restored it. Mick.

Reply to
Mick IOW

The 'Microsoft Way'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You get the same result at times with non microsoft phones too.

Reply to
Sangmo

WTF are you on about? Phones? No one is talking about Phones?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

He was talking about phones...

Restarting has got to be the number one way of restoring a non working internet router and many other devices when its embedded Linux decides its not going to play ball any more as well!

The thrust of the point being that its not the "Microsoft way", but a common way of rectifying many computer system faults regardless of the vendor of the technology.

Reply to
John Rumm

Pushing F will toggle through fullscreen mode and the various other combinations of menu on / off etc.

To do a full options reset in photoshop (version 6 and higher) hold Ctrl, Alt, and Shift (or Command, Option, and Shift for the Mac version) when starting the program.

Failing that look in

%windir%\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\[version #]\Adobe Photoshop [version #] Settings

and delete the .psp file

Reply to
John Rumm

Even you should have noticed that smartphones are computers.

Reply to
Sangmo

That is semanitic crap. If they were 'computers', why call them 'smart phones?

The context of 'Photoshop 7' denies the meaning of a smart phone, since that app is not ported to any.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We'll see...

Because there are also stupid phones, stupid.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Reply to
Sangmo

TNP, why do you waste your time and (impressive) intellect on these pointless barneys about nothing? OK, so people get something wrong, you point it out, they come back with something that in your opinion is bollocks, so you compose a rejoinder, they come back, you respond, and so on ad infinitum. Why on earth do you waste your time? Why not just let it drop? Life's too short to waste time playing tippytap, or peeling olives.

Take my advice: shrug off the imbecilities of others and get on with better things.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Even sillier than *you* usually manage.

I am loving this online troll technique of when confronted by an unassailable argument against them, simply wave a hand and say 'that's just silly'

Do you actually think anyone believes what you said there? What is the point of your trolling, other than to provoke and get attention?

Are you that sad, lonely and so much in need of human contact - any human contact, no matter how antithetical it is - that you need to continue all this? Surely a trip to the local boozer would be more productive?

Oh, don't tell me, they banned you for being simply too boring, and driving all the other customers away...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just passing the time...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed psychotic fantasys...

What is the point of yours ?

Clearly true of you. Even the wife ended up barking mad.

They just toss you out on your ear, where you belong.

Reply to
Sangmo

yeah right... so a laptop is not a computer either huh?

You sure?

(cue whinge about not being version 7)

Reply to
John Rumm

No, its a 'laptop computer', in popular parlance.

A laptop is something else. Cats are laptops.

Well exactly . Its not a whinge its a perfectly clear statement that the OP was NOT talking about a phone.

Its a bit like saying 'my 1 3/8" x 26" tyre has a puncture' and someone saying 'you should go to kwikfit then, thats where I get all my cars' tyres from'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

plus Sky boxes, dishwashers, cars and Airbuses; from personal experience.

Reply to
andyinman1961

I think you have spent too long talking to yokels...

Let me see if I can go plug one of ours in then...

Is this like that sketch by the two Ronnies, when you keep answering one question previous to the last one?

Lets unpick the thread a bit:

You make a statement about MS products needing rebooting all the time.

Someone highlights that this is not just a MS issue, and give the example that non MS phones[1] also need rebooting from time to time. (in case you are unaware MS also make phones as well as other stuff).

[1] You know, those ones running Linux or NetBSD derived kernels.

You then claim that no one is talking about phones in response to post where someone is talking about phones.

A plonker then points out that smart phones are computers too.

You then seemingly lose the plot, and argue that night is day, and no they are not!

Still it would be amusing to see the argument for why a smart phone is not a computer.

Not quite sure how that analogy fits anything we were discussing...

Reply to
John Rumm

I once had a conversation with an engineer about the design of a bit of safety critical comms kit on a helicopter. I noticed that the hardware used the NMI into the CPU as a termination for a serial link[1] This was successfully used clock in the data a bit at a time - all in software. I asked her if the kit would sometimes hang up on power up. "Oh yes, sometimes" came the reply, we just "Switch it off and back on again!"

It had never occurred to them to wonder why! [2]

[1] Lowish bit rate, but obscure protocol (ARINC-429) for which at the time of design, COTS hardware decoders would not have been available. [2] For the non software readers, the NMI (Non Maskable Interrupt) line into a CPU is a signal that prods the CPU to do something immediately, in a way it can't ignore. So you have to make absolutely sure, you have setup the mechanism to handle this before there is any possibility of the CPU seeing the NMI. (otherwise it will happily romp off to a random location and crash (or if you are lucky, get reset by a watchdog timer).

So in this case, powering it on while something were being transmitted on the serial line, was like a techie game of Russian roulette ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Never had it with other than phones, tablets, GPSs, routers, even linux etc.

Reply to
Sangmo