OT: PC use time limiting progs?

Tell her to get real, like she knows what love is at that age!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Huge wrote in news:ep25ue$384$ snipped-for-privacy@apophis.demon.co.uk:

Indeed - but a related alternative might be. It all depends on the command line facilities of your router.

I did something similar - have a look here for info:

That was the only working solution to the problem which the miscreants weren't able to bypass - once physical access to the router had been restricted!

Before that, I had some success remotely forcing a power down using the PowerOff utility, which you can find here:

That solution lasted a couple of weeks before they sussed out what was going on. Prior to that, a selection of 'parental control' utility programs lasted no more than a day or two at most, sometimes as long as a few minutes :(

Never underestimate the determination of the computer-obsessed teenager...

Kind regards

Reply to
Richard Perkin

No worries - I had nothing better to do at the time, day off work, wife was in bed :-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Well the trouble is she's 16 going on 21 in many ways. Most of that is good but she does suffer from involuntary thinking and that stops her getting to sleep etc.

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m