OT: oops not a good advert

[shop_momo-interiors_com]

"One of the few places online where you can purchase an authentic Moroccan couscousiere / cous cous steamer. These 2 piece steamers are easy to use and can also cook your vegetables at the same time."

HTH

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Potatoes have no flavour, pasta has no flavour, never cooked cous couse properly.

I'm glad to see that when I suggested that those who rant on about Agas can't cook, I was right.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Too much like hard work. It is quite unnecessary to buy a steamer; almost all coucous on sale in the UK is processed, and has already been steamed.

I have had traditional couscous that was soaked, rinsed and steamed in a couscousiere. It didn't taste any different and the texture was, to me, exactly the same.

On the other hand, there are people who like to take cooking back to the barest of basics, and for these people a couscousiere would make an ideal Christmas gift, to accompany the pasta cutter you bought them last year.

;-)

Reply to
Bruce

[Paraphrasing]

"All 8 doctors + a team of nurses at my local ill-health centre say don't bother finishing your antibiotics if your symptoms have got better".

But, But, ...

It's the result of the latest research doncha know."

But, But, ...

"People used to think the earth was flat"

But, But, ...

"I was speaking to *A DOCTOR*"

If they were any good wouldn't the top chefs use them on their TV programmes?

"Here's one I put in the oven last Tuesday".

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

NYMI Where *did* I put that pasta machine ...

Pasta la vista

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

In message , Derek Geldard wrote

I didn't think carrying on taking antibiotics when the symptoms had disappeared was necessarily for the benefit of the patient. It was more to do with the drug resistance. The unnecessary prescribing antibiotics for a cold or flu probably didn't help.

Reply to
Alan

It is because the tail end of the infection could re emerge. The remission of symptoms could well precede the end of active infection.

The surviving organisms having been exposed over many generations to a sub lethal dose of antibiotics would be further along the road to immunity

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

With some illnesses, like TB, the symptoms disappear after a couple of weeks, but if the patient stops taking the antibiotics they become a carrier and still spread the stuff. IIRC the antibiotics need to be taken for three months after the symptoms have gone.

Reply to
dennis

Derek Geldard wrote: [Agas]

They can't get Agas in telly studios. Camping gas with a cylinder under the worktop, or induction.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

But Anthony Worrall Thompson does use one - and that might be one reason they film the programs in his house. Or it could be the other way round. :-)

Reply to
Rod

Delia made at least one series on location in her own kitchen. Can't remember if it had an Aga.

Reason they often use a studio is because there's another much bigger kitchen out of shot in a corner where the real work is done...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

However I have seen them used by a lot of 'roaming chefs'

Jamie O'liver for a start.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Was that the one in the conservatory? That isn't her kitchen - the conservatory was fitted out especially for the series.

Rick Stein's kitchen apparently has an Aga in it.

But I worked in TV long enough to know that it probably isn't Rick Stein's kitchen and the Aga isn't connected - after he lovingly puts the dish in the oven, it's whisked away and one of the 4 already cooked and prepared by the "food stylist" versions are placed in the oven for the shot of him removing it.

Reply to
Huge

I'd have thought he'd have cooked everything on a ceramic hob (Argos

489/4580)

Or maybe he doesn't eat his own dogfood.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

What is tris?

Reply to
John Rumm

A mix of chilli, spinach and plain durum wheat pasta.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The message from %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) contains these words:

Interesting. The excreta of whom or of what? And adulterated with what?

Reply to
Appin

The message from %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) contains these words:

Perhaps you do farm olives for olive oil, but if you could communicate in a more meaningful manner without abuse, you might be a bit more convincing. Where do you farm the olives and in what manner do you sell the result of your labours?

Reply to
Appin

The message from %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) contains these words:

All purveyors of food must be approached with caution. Some are undoubtedly better than others. However, if you persist in using the description "adulterated s**te" to describe inaccurately what some supermarkets sell, why should we believe that what you are purveying is any better. Describing products you don't like as "adulterated s**te" doesn't encourage anyone to believe you are describing your own products accurately.

Reply to
Appin

The message from %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) contains these words:

No excuse for passing off any goods as coming from a source other than that specified -- but in general terms "Italian" certainly doesn't suggest high quality of anything to most of the UK market.

Reply to
Appin