OT: Ooh Err Missus!

This is a DIY group, after all.....

Reply to
Steve Walker

In article , Paul Herber scribeth thus

Well there were allegations of illegal immigrants..

Reply to
tony sayer

That should have been...

I'm working a week in hand.

Reply to
George

Sounds like they gave you a hard time.

Reply to
Gotde T Shirt

Please tell, I must have missed that one!

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Our back garden has a rectangular building in one corner (land was sold off many yaers ago, long before we came here). It is accessed from a nearby side street; used to be a carpenter's workshop, then a taxi control room, then a 'mens health club'!

I got a plumber in to do a really tricky bit of work (he's very good, and it took *him* longer than he thought). Our stopcock was seized so he turned the water off using the external stopcock. We didn't know that the feed for the building in the garden (yes, a brothel) was taken

*after* the external stopcock.

He'd parked his van out by the side gate (next to this building) and when he went out to get something, a woman came out and said that the water had gone off (it later transpired that a client had been having an 'assisted shower' at the time). He apologised and said it wouldn't be long, and came back in and told me.

I then related what went on there, and he clearly was very sceptical. As I said, the job took longer than expected, and when he'd finished he knocked on the door to tell them the water was back on. He came back to me looking very shocked: "the woman who answered the door had next to nothing on!".

We soon had a proper stopcock, and no further troubles there. Except that they never had a letterbox (to stop local residents putting nasty stuff through it, as some had, apparently). The local water company wanted to cut them off for not paying the bills they never received, but couldn't gain access. So they dug up the street, and put in an extra stopcock in the street (the other external one was just inside our gate). Then they fitted the piece that cuts off the water. I came home from work to find no water! They fixed that at once and said they'd be back to separate the pipes, but they've never done it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

So, living off immoral earnings then...

Allegedly, many of them didn't but that's a whole other story.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

but, was it well hung ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , tony sayer writes

in the police force ?

Reply to
geoff

Reminds me of the guy that started work in a S+M club and asked if it would be possible to get a sub on the Friday :-)

Reply to
anyoneanywhere

Hung like Einstein and with the brains of a horse?

Going at it hammer and tongs?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You mean people from Norfolk?

Reply to
Andy Hall

You might be losing the battle there. I've heard it used to mean that which it does not time and time again on the TV and radio. Its like the word "fulsome", which meant more or less the opposite of how it is used now. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

On 3 Feb, 17:30, sm_jamieson wrote: Its like

That's not just a misunderstanding though. It's a genuine difference in usage.

Reply to
boltmail