OT: Obituary - Doctor Drivel

Earlier today Doctor Drivel, the well known poet, troll and sock puppet from uk.d-i-y, drowned in a bizarre hacksaw accident at his home in Little Middle England.

Preliminary reports from the scene suggest that he was trying to fit a cat litter tray beneath his second combi when the accident happened.

It appears that the door to his kitchen had become jammed by a large flag which had, in turn, got tangled with the lock allowing the kitchen to completely fill with water.

He taken to hospital by ambulance and pronounced dead on arrival. A hospital spokesman later described his condition as "Satisfactory".

The precise cause of death is yet to be confirmed. Claims, by a local resident, that he had a distinct boot print on the back of his neck, were later denied by a spokesman for uk.d-i-y, who suggested that it was a birthmark and would probably wash off anyway.

The alarm was raised by his neighbour. "I was very concerned when I couldn't hear him walking around muttering and bumping into things. When the caretaker opened the door we just found his battered armchair and a pile of plumbing catalogues dropped next to the empty takeaway cartons. It was the water leaking over the kitchen door that concerned us most, but fortunately the caretaker knew where the stop tap was."

Asked if she and Doctor Drivel were friends she laughed and replied, "Good Lord no. I only used to see him passing by on his way to sit in the Library. He always carried a Screwfix catalogue tucked inside the cover of an old 'Playboy' in the mistaken hope that people would think him interesting."

Over the years Doctor Drivel, or "that pratt" as he was usually known, had become a regular contributor to the uk.d-i-y newsgroup although the value of his contributions varied widely.

Sometimes he would give out good, sensible advice, but mostly (when the brochure was out of reach) he would dispense twaddle that would take your breath away.

A taxi driver commented, "I never met nobody else who gave so much duff advice on subjects he knew nothing about", which is of course quite an admission for a taxi driver.

His constant use of different sock puppets, while allowing him to avoid a lot of kill files, could cause confusion on occasions. Most noticeably when he was found not only to be arguing with himself, but actually losing the argument.

In recent weeks his, so called, memory had deteriorated with his constant mixing up of names getting slowly replaced by a creeping megalomania.

His long time shrink and social worker said that Drivel was worried that he had an inferiority complex, and that it wasn't a very good one. When asked to expand on this, the shrink replied that Drivel didn't really have an inferiority complex - he was just inferior.

The funeral will take place when the bins are emptied on Thursday with a cremation shortly afterwards at the council incinerator.

No flowers, or pushfit fittings, by request.

Finally let me end this announcement in the way he would have most wished it.

John

Reply to
John White

Oh look, *more* support for Dribble.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Actually I thought it a bit of a white wash myself.

Reply to
Broadback

Me thinks this one has other names on this tha group. Let's have a guess at who it is.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nope. I'm just me - a long time lurker and occasional poster.

Anyway shut up - you're supposed to be dead.

John

Reply to
John White

Don't tell porkies!!!!! Putting electrical contractor in your sig in order to gain some credibility and hide your real identity. Mmmmmm

Now who is he? The Essex Chav? Matt/Lord Hall at it again? The Shitkicker? Richard Cranium? Maxie? Nah not Maxie. Tomlinson? Let's have a guess.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

For one who goes to so much trouble to conceal his identity you're not very good at finding out others - are you John?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nope. I'm just me.

Here lies Drivel without a doubt At DIY he knew nowt His hopelessness we all abhorred As plastic plumbing he hacksawed His love of combis was well known But he should have left the flags alone Even in death he has no clue I know I'm me but who are you?

John

Reply to
John White

He uis trying to think. Amazing isn't it?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Richard Cranium, not bad at all. Keep up the work. 2/10

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Draws up shortlist of 24,793 suspects.

Reply to
Aidan

Yep, those who last attended a Scotland game.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

John White wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Did this load of drivel have a point?

mike

Reply to
mike

Yes, it was very funny! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:35:29 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote (in article ):

Well.... we know it's not you because

a) you're dead

and

b) the sentences string together.

Reply to
Andy Hall

And still is!! ;-) ;-)

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

I am. Matt, I rekon this member of your Lunatic Association is the Essex Chav. What do you think Matt?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You are right not a bit of it. Not even witty which is sad.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Chav, I see you laugh at yourself a lot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:16:37 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote (in article ):

I don't recall you ever saying that you were from Essex....

Reply to
Andy Hall