OT: No power in church.

Was walking past a local church last night when I noticed the hall was lit by what looked like candle light. There were a few people hanging about outside smoking (guess it was an AA meeting) and on asking was told there was no electricity in the church. And so it proved - there was a large hole in the forecourt with a cable from the street, another into the church and an air gap. Both cables were shiny so looked new.

Is it common to leave things like this?

Other thing - I'm amazed elfin safety/insurance allowed the building to be used without adequate lighting and presumably no heating...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A church isn't a dwelling, and so is never intended to be habitable.

Reply to
Ronald Raygun

Not a habitable dwelling is it?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The lord will provide...

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Man at B&Q ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) wibbled on Tuesday 08 February 2011

13:20:

The pikeys will remove...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Only if neither line is live.

Perhaps nobody told them.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

It is God's house, so I'm told anyway.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

So a sudden flash and a smell of burning might not be out of place.

Reply to
Skipweasel

And the Lord said "Let there be light".

Reply to
1501

Perhaps it's running on Kingdom & Glory only.

Reply to
Graham.

Reminds me of a book I saw recently that starred three angels (really...)

** Faith, Hope and Charity

Well, that was OK....then there was a similar book with three more...

** Goodness, Mercy and Shirley -- Shirley???

Geddit? If not, re-order them...

Reply to
Bob Eager

And if he was that 'all-powerful', the church wouldn't be in the 'dark'. Bloody cowboy builder!

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Reply to