OT - New car finance

Hello all,

I know that this is not the right group, but you lot are a wealth of knowledge and have answered all my OT post before!

I'm looking to buy a new car - after part ex on my old car, I will owe them £5k. I have the money in my savings account (from a 0% credit card earning a bit of interest until april). So I can afford to pay cash for the car. (until april - then I need a loan, but thats a different story!)

So, is cash still king? or would I get a better deal from the dealer getting it on finance and then paying the loan off almost straight away (I think you get penalised about a months interest).

I know I can ask this when I see the dealer, but it would be nice to have a plan in advance!

Cheers all!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

I'd do this and read the small print - carefully.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

In message , Mike Hibbert writes

Well it depends really doesn't on what sort of deal the dealer can offer, etc. Only when they given you the figures can you decide.

We've got ours on a 0 % credit card (well probably it's fourth....)

Reply to
chris French