OT: Need advice on a bit of work I am having done

Hi Guys,

I know this is DIY group but couldn't find anywhere else with as much knowledge as this..................

Forgive me if I use wrong terminology or spelling. I will try and explain things....

I am having a conservatory fitted....................I live in a bungalow.. So the conservatory bolts up against the existing wall/roof line of the bungalow. There is now a part of the soffet inside the conservatory. It is made of thin wood with like a plastic grild along. The conservatory guys have chisled this biece of wood off opening up the roof itself. They are going to put a piece of plastic across it and the conservatory so as you look up there is no join between the 2. My concern is that above this plastic panel is a vast open space, either side of the conservatory still has the original wooden soffet with grid so wind will be howling through that and along onto the back of this piece of plastic panel. Are there any building regs they must take into account? Insulation rules?

Also guttering.......... As it is a bunglaow there is a box gutter. What they have done is (Imagine the conservatory is in the middle of the back of the bungalow so there is original bungalow walls either side) create a gutter system all around the bungalow with a new soak away, this would also cover some of the roof. On one side of the back of the bungalow they have just capped where they cut the guttering off, there is a 3 or 4 inch gap between where that ends and the box guttering starts. On the other side of the bugalow they haven't even put up a piece of guttering, so rain falls straight onto garden. There must be rules for this

Thanks for any help

:-)

Reply to
Pedro Popadopolous