OT More Daily Mail drivel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362762/The-dirty-secret-Britains-power-madness-Polluting-diesel-generators-built-secret-foreign-companies-kick-theres-wind-turbines--insane-true-eco-scandals.html#addComment
Ah, the journalistic talents of a trained chimp at work again then. What sort of headline would tick all the boxes for a must read by the mythical Daily Mail reader then?
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"harryagain" < snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com> wrote in message
On 16/09/13 08:29, Brian Gaff wrote:

Apart from the usual sensational headline, the article is reasonably researched and written - for the daily Mail anyway. If you want utter drivel, try the Guardian or NY times.
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 08:50:05 +0100, The Natural Philosopher

It's a reflection of the shit we are getting into. Rather than demand reduction, that was the original intention of this scheme it has morphed into a pikey run generation mechanism. The loss of large industrial load that is capable of being temporarily interrupted hasn't helped.
Wind is currently blowing at 'optimum' levels over Scotland, yet their export to England is less than 1.2 GW. They wil be fucked when Salmond shuts Torness and Hunterston B down.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362762/The-dirty-secret-Britains-power-madness-Polluting-diesel-generators-built-secret-foreign-companies-kick-theres-wind-turbines--insane-true-eco-scandals.html#addComment
************* 'This scheme is a direct consequence of the renewable energy policy adopted by the Coalition but first developed by Tony Blair in response to EU renewables directives to reduce Britain‘s carbon emissions by 20 per cent by 2020.' *************
If they could blame immigration too, they'd have managed most of their hobby horses in one sentence...
--
*Microsoft broke Volkswagen's record: They only made 21.4 million bugs.

I'm surprised they missed that one! They'd only have to have said that we wouldn't need half as much energy if it weren't for the immigrants! <g>
--
Cheers,
Roger
On 16/09/2013 11:22, Roger Mills wrote:

How to confuse a Daily Mail reader- tell them that immigrants are the natural predator for pedophiles...

Blair is an immigrant from Scotland, and so is Brown.
There fixed it for you!
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

You forgot Diana and house prices.
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

Both of those give you cancer one week and cure it the next. It's absolutely true, because I read it in the Daily Mail.
escribi:

Daily Mail Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v^BT6OSr1TI

On 17/09/13 07:14, harryagain wrote:

shame that the high gl'oss on their 'mail front pages' gives the game away - laser printed and faked.
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v^BT6OSr1TI

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:45:02 +0100, The Other Mike

List of Daily Mail cancer scares

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTu7GLfrmUI

http://thedailymailoncologicalontologyproject.wordpress.com/ (gave up after a few days: "If they continue at this rate they with classify 936 objects into cancer causing or cancer curing in 2008. That's not counting the Mail on Sunday. I may have bitten off more than I can chew.")
http://kill-or-cure.herokuapp.com/ is made of sterner stuff, linking to articles on anastrozole and antacids to x-rays and yoghurt. (Apparently the Daily Mail haven't yet looked at whether zebras cause cancer.)
Well summed up by http://shouldireadthedailymail.com/

and the BBC
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:38:27 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

But what is it going to do to house prices?
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 07:48:47 +0100, harryagain wrote:

Britains-power-madness-Polluting-diesel-generators-built-secret-foreign- companies-kick-theres-wind-turbines--insane-true-eco- scandals.html#addComment
A lot of it (at least the first article) seems O.K. apart from the headline.
Oh, and I don't quite understand how, if there is a power cut, the hospitals can then use their emergency generators to prop up the National Grid - I assume they are there to keep the hospital running and sized for that task so if the power dips they are likely to be busy.
Unless of course there is a brown out and they give say 50% to the hospital and the other 50% into the grid.
One snippet related to opera :-)
"I would never dream of applying to put wind turbines on my land in an attempt to turn a profit. But the local farmers have their noses in the trough"
On one of our walks we can see two wind turbines on farm land. One is well sited, and is always turning even on days with little wind.
The other seems to be in almost permanent wind shadow. Even today when it is blowing a hooligan it wasn't turning.
So does it still make economic sense (for the farmer) to have a wind generator which doesn't generate?
Cheers
Dave R
On 16 Sep 2013 11:18:35 GMT, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

That's what I thought as well. But the sets are sat idle most of the time, costing money. It would need some careful thought and contract writing to enable the sets to be used as STOR and generate income whilst still protecting the place they are there to protect in the first place.

Depends, the farmer may not be the owner of the windmills so he won't be getting the FIT payments. He will be getting rental for the land and access rights wether the windmill turns or not...
--
Cheers
Dave.

Hospital emergency generators can't even meet the entire hospital load. Non essentialload is shed before they are started.
Apart from the issue that they are incapable of parallel operation.