OT: Knurled flange on the nimrod chassis

The fridge/freezer (it's a side by side jobby) at work sporadically hums. Checked the shelves, door, contents - all the usual suspects and nothing appears loose.

It'll be quiet for ages, then hums for a while, stops, hums..you get the idea, although it's not a rhythmic stop-start.

So, short of teaching it the words, what's the most likely cause and best cure?

Reply to
Lino expert

My Samsung side by side has a air circulating fan internally, concealed behind a panel in the back.

That seems to exhibit the unpredicatable stop/start you describe....but there is no irritating hum. Dunno if that helps....

This is the kind of subject may be best put to the public tech forums on

Vortex2

ttp://

Good thinking, I'd forgotten them, cheers.

Reply to
Lino expert

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Lino expert saying something like:

Check the fixings of the warm grid at the back - dead common rattle and hum from those.

Record it and make a choon loop.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon