OT Keystoke Logger-The result

The lodger has left.

I stuck a cheap camera in the computer room and connected it to the VCR in my bedroom. After recording her in the computer room going through all the desk drawers and paper files I then moved the camera to my bedroom and recorded her looking through all drawers, cupboards and wardrobes.

I gave her 3 hours notice to leave. The bond I have will cover cost of the change of door locks.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Congrats !

What was her response when you told her what you`d done ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Silence. She walked out leaving all her stuff and has gone to stop at her friends house.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

She'll try to have you for invasion of privacy and illegal monitoring, you wait and see :)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Surely "the camera was there to ensure the safety of the tenants"?

If she were to complain the landlord could merely point out all the valuable and rare objects that he'd had stolen over the previous few months....the tenant would have to prove it wasn't them that was taking the stuff...

Give the ex-tenant 2 weeks in writing to remove her stuff. Once the two weeks have passed you can dispose of it how you like. sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

But the DPA requires that CCTV usage is signposted "Images are being recorded for the detection of crime blah blah"... Don't know if this is required in this situation?

No, innocent until proven guilty.

alex.

Reply to
Alex

The most relevant bit is; "...I then moved the camera to my bedroom...". The lodger wasn't invited into the OP's bedroom & if he wants cameras in his bedroom, that's his business.

Reply to
Aidan

But..if she believes stuff has been stolen she'll obviously assume she'd be prime suspect in any subsequent Police investigation!

She'd therefore be unlikely to kick up a fuss as the last thing she'd want is to be dragged in for questioning whether guilty or not.

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Surely you can monitor your own bedroom?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

And he always has the defence that he is in fact a perve, and likes to have a camera in his bedroom...it's her fault she was noticed by it!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Depends who else is sleeping there and if they know! :-)

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr F

More important surely is that she was invading his privacy in the first place.

Reply to
DJC

Not sleeping but snooping.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No, data processed only for personal, family or household affairs are exempt from the DPA.

David

Reply to
David McNeish

No, it isn't. Such use doesn't even come under the DPA.

Reply to
Bob Eager