OT: Its been a good day!

Had to replace 3 fence panels at Handyman Towers today - that isn't the good bit!

Went to Wickes for the panels. One of the advantages of going to Wickes regularly is that you get to know the staff. Bumped into Steve in the garden centre & had a bit of a chat. He found me 3 panels 6' x 6' written down because they were 'damaged'. Couldn't find a fault with 2 of them, 3rd one had one of the horizontal frame strips loose - 5 mins to fix with a few screws - £7 each! Result!

Best bit of all, to get rid of the old panels I had a bonfire! Great!

What is it about burning stuff that's so much fun?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

There's always fun when there's arson around.

Reply to
Lino expert

The Medway Handyman explained on 24/03/2008 :

It appeals to the primitive in you/us.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Medway Handyman" Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 6:33 PM Subject: OT: Its been a good day!

Call at my house on the 5th November and you will find out.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Lucky you - when I go to Wickes for fence panels they are ALL damaged (ten last time) and I have to go elsewhere, I don't even bother going there now!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Its the delight in throwing 2 fingers to the greenwashers!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher