OT It'll be Winter heating allowance next!

They have to pay for brexit somehow!

You wanted it.

Reply to
dennis

Why, drag Brexit into EVERYTHING?

Reply to
soup

Because its why they are going to have to get more revenue. It *is* because of brexit and its only the start.

Reply to
dennis

Because he's an idiot.

Reply to
Richard

560,000 folks are now over 90.

A further 14,500 are over 100.

This group were already retired when TB and GB started hosing money at the NHS in 2001, and increased NI to 'pay' for it, so they have reaped the benefits of all the extra spending, but never paid anything towards its annual extra running costs, but scream loudly if anyone suggests that they should pay towards their care costs (if needed).

Never mind, Corbyn and McDonnell have one of Baldricks cunning plans to deal with all this 'unfairness'.

Reply to
Andrew

And of course you will think different when you get to that age. If only.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

scince NI is just put into the general tax fund then anyone that pays tax on their income contributes, including pensioners.

It tends to be the kids that scream as its their inheritance.

Reply to
dennis

I would like to get to state pension age, but its looking unlikely.

So I have contributed loads but won't get it back.

I think t*ts unfair that andrew (or rod) should get any of it.

Reply to
dennis

That's sad. Sorry to hear this.

I'm single so have paid for the education of others kids. And so on. It's part of living in a civilised society.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Its OK (well maybe not for the wife and kids).

I was named on a DS1500 18 months ago so i am doing well ATM.

Its life I just have to get on with it.

Reply to
dennis

Likewise +1

I have considered the education of our young as a true investment. The more appropriate the education the higher the taxes they will pay and generate directly and indirectly.

Educating girls in particular make for a stable society where population growth becomes sustainable.

Reply to
Fredxx

Sorry to hear this Dennis.

Reply to
harry

Those kids have or will become your doctor, nurse, carer, whatever.

Reply to
Bob Martin

And your own (sort of).

Reply to
soup

I do too. And lots of things that are more important to spend state money on than free TV licences for all over 75.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

All of them? What about the ones who go straight on the dole? And other layabouts? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does state money actually get spent on free TV licences for all over 75 or does it just reduce the income the BBC gets ?

Reply to
Levi Jones

It used to be the former. It is now goiung to be (effectively) the latter, as it will come out of the BBC budget.

Reply to
Bob Eager

when introduced, it was state funded. The Chancellor neatly passed this benefit onto the BBC - so now it seriously reduces the BBC's Licnece fee income.

Reply to
charles