OT ish - OP's post not showing.

The posts that do appear, are they threaded? By that I mean is there a little [+] next to the subject line, which when you click expands the tree?

If they are, then the problem is with your news server, it's missing some posts.

If they aren't, then you need to display your messages as threads by clicking the speech bubble icon in the top left hand corner.

Reply to
Grunff

Hi

At the suggestion of several people I now view the posts via Motzarella which seems much better all round. Very often however the OP doesn't appear, just the replies to it.

For example Adrian's post about building a car port - the thread starts with Chris French's reply.

They do appear when I view via news.blueyonder.co.uk

Have I got something set up wrong?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes they are

OK thanks - anything I can do about it?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Just clicked on 'Tools', 'Get Next 300 headers' and they seem to have appeared :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ah - your Thunderbird is set to only download a limited number of headers. Change this in Tools > Account Settings > Server Settings.

Reply to
Grunff

Diamagnetic Levitation:

quite like that idea, but...

How far do you have to keep them from things that can be affected by them? Computer CRT screens TVs etc.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Not as far as you might think. I have one sitting on my desk, next to my laptop and hard drive mp3 player.

The inverse square law means that anything more than a couple of inches and the field has fallen away to a very low strength.

Reply to
Grunff