OT ish; Electric droid

Working outside a house yesterday & noticed one of these guys who knocks on your door & tries to get you to change electricity supplier. He came over to ask directions to the nearest shops.

Had a chat with him, apparently they are paid a basic of £300 a week & get commission of £38 for everyone they sign up. He reckoned his average week was 18 signups.

Obviously a few quid in the electricity game.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

Wonder what percentage of them know they've been signed up?

Reply to
Clint Sharp

How disappointing :-(

I was expecting a post about an electric powered robot that somebody had built (or possibly, bought to make it OT). (And while I'm grumbling, when am I going to be able to take a holiday in Lunar City, like I was promised in the comics when I was a boy?)

Reply to
Martin Bonner

These weren't the droids we were looking for...

Reply to
Jules

Wasn't that something from a Star Wars film? Dave

Reply to
Dave

Indeed :) (words to that effect, anyway)

Reply to
Jules

These words

ARWadsworth

I wonder if he was the sort that would sign up old ladies by forging their signature?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

We had one of the 'switch your telephone and broadband' driods round yesterday. My wife happened to answer the door...when told how wonderful the broadband was, she asked the woman if it included 40 static IP addresses. Total confusion and she left quickly!

Reply to
Bob Eager

... and here it is, the real robocop:

meow2222

Thus spake Martin Bonner ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

You could always visit Star City in Russia, where cosmonauts are trained, if you don't mind living on red cabbage and beetroot soup for the duration of your stay.

Reply to
A.Clews

No forgery seems to be required. I had such a visit, said no thank you. he say a pleasant goodbye. but as couple of weeks later I got the "thanks for changing to XXX ellectricity" letter.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

Or just pretend - wasn't there some reality TV show a few years back where they didn't do that? :)

Reply to
Jules