OT is ebay alive just now?

Has anyone used ebay during the past 2 hours? I'm getting all sorts of junk from no web site to failed logins. Tried several browsers same result. Could be my isp (ntl). Oops now I see google is also unavailable! This looks like a fun night. Anyone else having similar problems?

Reply to
dave

Seems fine here on NTL (Bromley) and UKOnline!

Reply to
Sparks

It's your ISP - and serves your right for using ntl. Both ebay and google sites are just fine.

Reply to
Grunff

It's part of my religion not to be trolled into into defending ntl! thanks all.

Reply to
dave

ntl is the internet equivalent of tarts knickers tonight. usually 100% for me.

Reply to
.

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:15:55 +0000,it is alleged that Grunff spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Yep, it's NTHell, virgin.net [wholly owned subsidiary] also acting like the rear end of an equine, DNS problems by the look of it.

Reply to
Chip

My Plusnet service was down for a lot of the morning yesterday. That's a rare occurrence in the last 4 years.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

I've only been on Plusnet (broadband) for a year or so - and most of the time it's very fast and reliable.

Yesterday it was slow and flaky . This morning it's having the odd hiccup - seems that they had a problem with some of their equipment yesterday, which took them much of the morning & half of the afternoon to sort out.

Rebooting my router seems to help - they mention a situation where 'authentication' is screwed up, so you can access the internet - but not certain websites.....

Regards Adrian Suffolk UK

======return email munged================= take out the papers and the trash to reply

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Set a a manual proxy, I'm currently using the Ashford one as the Bromley one is b0rked ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

I used to do a lot of work to overcome this type of situation. Now I tend to just wait.:-) I've noticed the frequent inaccessibility of certain websites for over a week now. It's good to be reminded of what life is like without the Internet. But not too often please.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

The whole EBay/NTL issue is pretty well documented on EBay forums and elsewhere. The Bromley servers have been playing up for months and, as usual, NTL are in denial. The Guildford server has been reliable if anyone's looking for a proxy.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I'm glad to know that this is a known problem. I didn't change anything (honest!) but suddenly a week ago my church website (which I maintain) became totally inaccessible from here (www, ftp or ping). Friends around the world could get it fine so it wasn't a hosting problem. Various suggestions from my ISP were to no effect. Then yesterday it suddenly came back. I'm glad but wish I knew why.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

It's so disheartening when you restore previous router settings, restore windows to an earlier time. Poking and prodding the works for days on end only to find that it's to no avail. Then service suddenly returns to normal. ISPs are reluctant to claim responsibility, so they often don't.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack