OT: How come no one has mentioned...

No. More likely they just looked at a map and said there has been a death there so we will put a camera in.

A bit better than your approach of looking at a camera and saying where is the death to justify it?

Reply to
dennis

The areas where speed cameras are probably most justified in my opinion are those like one near me. Straight road. Housing on both sides. Schools. People crossing. Incessantly used by pillocks seeing how fast they can get to before braking (or at least that is what it sounds like). Over-revving and skidding when braking.

But we have only had a few 'incidents' - I think only one house has been severely damaged by a car hitting it. Recently.

People should obey the speed limits here. But someone driving at 35 isn't actually causing much of a problem - but if anything goes wrong they are more likely to kill or fail to stop or something. The ones going at 60+ and are not even able to stop when they want to (i.e. not even an emergency) are the ones who need to be stopped now.

They should be done for dangerous driving, have their vehicles confiscated and be thrown into gaol. They aren't even touched for a speeding ticket.

Reply to
Rod

Ah. So now you drive at less than the speed limit. And in the outside lane regardless I'll bet. Like all the other self righteous pricks on the road. BTW, have you ever had your speedo checked - given the time you must spend reading it?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You *really* must take your eyes off that speedo...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

150mph on a lit autobahn is perfectly possible

Its pushing it a bit on headlights alone though..

Dennis is a pratt tho.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You've been passed by an Audi doing 170? I thought they were all restricted to 150 nowadays.

Reply to
Mark

Not all drivers are like you.

Yes, haven't you?

Reply to
dennis

I think a steel bollard that pops up at the safe stopping distance for the speed limit should be installed. If you don't stop, your car is crushed.

That would get the speeders and the idiots that can't see or don't pay attention.

Reply to
dennis

I don't need the speedo to tell me I am stopped. I do need to remember where I put the pile of slabs.

Reply to
dennis

On the average not too heavily trafficked motorway, other road users may not be used to someone sticking to 70!

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Funny that they don't appear to speed much on the M6, M42 or the M1 J23 - J28. Drive at 70 there and almost nothing overtakes.

Have you checked your speedo is working? Mine reads 74 at 70 in both cars. If I stick to 70 on the speedo its only 65 really and then you get the odd overtaker.

Reply to
dennis

Noted you don't deny driving in the outside lane regardless.

Can't you think of original ideas?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd say you do given your obvious dependence on it.

You couldn't see something high enough to hit a door mirror? Get your eyes checked as well as your speedo.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Add lack of observation to your other failings.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just because you are such a poor driver you need to constantly check your speedo don't assume everyone else is that bad.

Maybe I need to eat more carrots?

I forget you can see in the dark so you can drive faster at night than everyone else.

Reply to
dennis

Can't you think of any better excuses?

Reply to
dennis

No Oscar, are you?

Somewhere near that speedo you never take your eyes off you'll find the headlamp switch. Those fog lights you use ain't up to the job.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What, mortuary slabs?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

It is no way as simple as that. A traffic warden states that any evidence of a yellow line means they can issue a parking ticket, but the law defines a yellow line very precisely. Which one is right?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Close.