OT: Guardian Green Hacks prepare to drop Climate Change?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/20/climate-change-dirty-air-pollution-global-warming-save-lives
Are the wheels finally coming off the climate change bandwagon?
Coincidentally a reprint of a lecture from Richard Lindzen has appeared here...
http://euanmearns.com/global-warming-and-the-irrelevance-of-science/
kind word alone.
On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 14:58:08 +0000, The Natural Philosopher

Maybe, but don't hold your breath! In principle, there's no reason why cleaning up atmospheric pollution should be at variance with the efforts to reduce CO2 production, whether that's misguided or not. In fact they are likely to go together. If we eventually end up with a mostly-electric society, including transport, whether that electricity is generated by nuclear, natural gas or renewables, or some combination of the three, urban pollution and smogs should be things of the past.

Interesting read, if a lot to take in at one go. I need to read it again, and maybe follow up some of the references Lindzen gives, where possible. The comments are also worth a read.
--

Chris

But then nobody claimed that it wasn't. Straw Man No.1

On 21/02/2016 10:35, michael adams wrote:

If alarmist clearly overstate the short term effects why would anyone believe their long term claims?
On 21/02/16 14:29, dennis@home wrote:

Because they all say it, so it must be true!*
* Cf Kipling's Jungle book, "The hunting of Kaa", and the Bandar-Log.

But presumably if the short term effects are so potentially catastrophic, then there won't be any long term effects to worry about.
michael adams
Well sounds a little simplistic. The fact is the climate is changing. Quite how much we can do to stop it is a whole other subject. Whether its us or natural in nature, sooner or later somebody will have to change the way we live to accommodate the changes, just as humans did in the last ice age etc.
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active