OT: Grand Designs Revisited - by The Bill

Finally got around to viewing last week's 'The Bill';

Did anybody else notice the location for the murder was (apparently) a Grand Design house? To me it seemed to be one of the pair of houses built in a plot between two rows of terraced(?) houses.

We were watching and shouting at the telly; - "Never mind the body, show us the house!" ... Where's Kevin when you need him?

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Were you hoping that the presenter was the deceased?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Heh heh - location managers (the person who finds locations) move around. Could be this one worked on Grand Designs. They tend to stick to the patch they know best for locations. Can be a pain on something like the Bill made in Merton if the Location Manager only knows Docklands...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And how. Once place that I used to work had location managers like other people have mice. I lost trck of the productions, mostly anything that needed to represent Dallas, in particularly the book deposistory and the grassy knoll, and anything needing a science fiction look. The last one I saw was Aeon Flux, but Red Dwarf was an almost permanent fixture.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Blimey. Is 'the bill' still going?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

(apparently) a

body, show us

I suppose if you've built a house with the Grand Designs concept of spending, then you probably NEED to rent it out as a film set to recoup some of the dosh that you've spent !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Apparently so.

It's probably about time the police station exploded again so they can have a new set.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

And a new cast, as they were all inside when it went.

Reply to
EricP

All except June Ackland. Although I expect she could be pulled from the rubble, invalided out of the service and return as a civilian tea-lady who converts to Islam and spends every episode in a burka next to a burco.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

10/10

ROFL

Reply to
EricP

If you can call it 'going'. I'd say staggering along.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Staggering is the word, were has the policing gone, all I see (when I now bother to watch it) is a soap about peoples personal lives, who happen to be members of a police force...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Just like real policing then.....

Soon they'll be sitting at home with the phone redirected handing out crime reference numbers. Where home is Mumbai.

Reply to
Andy Hall