OT: Global warming alarmists

https://www.prageru.com/courses/environmental-science/what-they-havent-told-you-about-climate-change#
On Sunday, 25 September 2016 16:36:53 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

That guy is a 3rd tier crank, not even on the main radar.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Climate_denier#Denial_tactics

He talks sense, unlike the "scientists" bribed by the governments. All of what he said is easily verifiable by yourself.
--
If you believe in telepathy, raise my hand.

On 25/09/2016 18:20, James Wilkinson wrote:

Correct.
On Sunday, 25 September 2016 18:20:16 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

Talking of bribes.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/08/exxon-climate-change-1981-climate-denier-funding

We have to fight back against the religious fools. It's just like religion actually, believing something you have no proof of.
And YOU worked for a petrol company.
--
An American tourist asks an Irishman:
"Why do Scuba divers always fall backwards off their boats?"
On Sunday, 25 September 2016 20:05:11 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

We actually had a pilot plant that made biobutanol from soya and a giant bioethanol plant that makes it from wheat.
https://vivergofuels.com/

That pisses off environmentalists too, it uses space they think should be for food.
--
A man spoke frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" the doctor asked.
On 25/09/2016 16:50, Simon Mason wrote:

But he's talking sense and he's right.

And he's from Greenpeace, who are usually nutty about environmental bullshit. If he can see through it, so should anyone else.
--
Time that you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time -- Marthe Troly-Curtin

On 25/09/16 18:25, Bod wrote:

"One of the reasons why the professional climate-change deniers have been so successful in penetrating the media is that the story that they have to tell is one that people want to hear."
Ok. How about:
"One of the reasons why the professional climate-change alarmists have been so successful in penetrating the media is that the story that they have to tell is one that people want to hear."

Indeed.
--
“Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of

Predictions of impending disaster are news, nothing happening isn't.
On Sunday, 25 September 2016 20:19:13 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:

I blame that pinko Svante August Arrhenius.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtJBFgPWEAExhR9.jpg

The trouble is you believe his nonsense.
--
Is it true that DNA stands for the National Dyslexia Association?

On Sunday, 25 September 2016 20:25:41 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

You're with the tumbleweed.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Climate_denier#National_or_international_scientific_bodies_that_reject_anthropogenic_global_warming
On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 22:11:18 +0100, "James Wilkinson"
I wonder if anyone has actually data-mapped all the known (even) volcanoes and underwater geo-thermal vents and calculated how much 'pollution' they produce?
Then there are all the lightning induced forest fires ...
That said, I don't think we mammals 'enjoy / benefit' living in all this pollution so any *real* improvements along those lines should be a 'good thing' (so not electric cars or PV panels etc).
Cheers, T i m
On Monday, 26 September 2016 11:36:27 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

nonsequitur. It's only beneficial when the benefit outweighs the downside, and there's nearly always a downside, and it often outweighs the benefit.

NT
On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 11:00:29 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

'Exactly ... ' (what I said then). ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On Sunday, 25 September 2016 20:25:41 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

It's all so real though.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/31/science/global-warming-antarctica-ice-sheet-sea-level-rise.html?_r=0

<http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/31/science/global-warming-antarctica-ice- sheet-sea-level-rise.html?_r=0>
Do get a clue. This is a *prediction* from a *model*. Remember that models don't *tell* you anything - they are just models. Not so real after all.
Climate change models don't work very well.
--
"It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of