OT for the vehicle electrics gurus ..

Maybe they just don't do anything ... (or don't do anything on this model?)

Maybe they happen to be connected to +Ve ... because that's how they would be wired if they were on another system (that connects the other end to summat?)

I'd like to think they were there for a reason though .. (who would bother to add coils if they didn't have to .. saving money etc .. unless it's cheaper to stock a 'unversal' part ..?)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Maybe it's a high-voltage (hence two coils in series) feed for the coil on a kick-start model, and this one is electric start only?

Reply to
Rob Morley

I like the thinking but if you had seen them they look more like charging / current than voltage coils (if you know what I mean)?

I'll have to find out more about the actual model (I did pop by this arvo but they close Thursday afternoons .. how quaint) ;-)

I'll look in again ..

Cheers ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I measured them todat and they were about .7 of an ohm?

They 'cured' the fault (the bike wouldn't run) by changing the entire stator for a second hand one.

The only difference between the good and bad setups was the coil that fed the CDI unit was a higher resistance.

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m