OT Energy price cap.

As I see it, this will benefit the rich.

harry

Please ask someone to read the whole report to you.

Reply to
Robin

Though it is asking for trouble that the cap is portrayed as a "headline figure" of £1,137 rather than simply saying maximum unit prices of E=17p and G=4p, with 48p/day standing charges.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, I have never understood why the regulator goes along with that nonsense in its price comparison methodology. It seems to assume that every customer is an innumerate who can only hold one headline figure in their heads at a time.

Reply to
Handsome Jack

More stupidity from a Labour idea implemented by the Tories so now one of my Bar staff will be paying ?100 more per year

"we have highlighted the risk that the Cap would force us to end the zero standing charge variable plan. Unfortunately, Ofgem did not change their plans in response to our representations. Regrettably, the Price Cap, being implemented by the end of the year, makes our Ebico Zero variable energy plan structure commercially non-viable. To remain both compliant and commercially viable, we have had to review the Ebico Zero energy plan and introduce a standing charge"

-
Reply to
Mark

It will benefit the lazy at the expense of those who wish to save by shopping around for the best price. It is unlikely that suppliers will be able to offer new customers such good deals as in the past in order to attract them.

At the moment it takes weeks to change electricity supplier even though all that has to happen is that a change over meter reading has to be agreed by the old and new suppliers. OTOH I can get a year's supply delivered the next day.

Another of the governments stupid ideas. (IMHO)

Reply to
Michael Chare

Slowly :-)

Reply to
bert

And me. Ebico's estimate of my bill at current prices £364 pa, at their new prices £429.

And if I want to stay on a zero standing charge tariff they offer 'Ebico Zero Green Fixed' at £465. [ I am not buying anything with 'green' in its name, never mind paying extra]

Reply to
DJC