OT - electric shavers?

You might find something useful at

've got the Panasonic ES8163 and it's very good.

I never got on with the only rotary Philishave I tried. Likewise the twin-foil sort.

Not ime. Brauns give me a good shave, but the foils are delicate and expensive. I've been using a cheap Boots single-foil battery model and decent rechargeables to get about 2 weeks of use per charge. No sign of the foil giving up yet, and it must be 3, maybe 4 years old now. Probably was about 20 quid, at a guess.

What quality of shave I get depends far more on the state of my beard and skin at the time. Straight after waking isn't wonderful, but waiting several hours is far worse. Somewhere around an hour or so after getting up is optimal. I give my face a good rub with a dry warm towel beforehand - any greasiness or stickiness is fatal when electric shaving.

Once I've shaved, I cease to worry about it. I mean, who really cares ?

Reply to
John Laird