[OT] Election 2015

Well, this is interesting. Gone from a hung prediction to a possible absolute majority for the tories.
My money is on Millibean Clegg resigning as leaders in the next few months.

He's got every reason to muddle on for a few months
Many of the alternative leaders have lost their seats in Scotland.
And from a party POV whilst Millibug hasn't done "well" he could argue that he did better than expected, and was buggered by the Scottish "experience", which was really not of his making.
Not that I am the slightest bit "interested", you understand.

Is there any point in 6 MPs having a "leader"?
tim
On 08/05/2015 07:24, tim..... wrote:

All parties have leaders, even the Official Monster Raving Loony Party, which has never had an MP.
--
Colin Bignell

On 08/05/2015 08:28, Nightjar <"cpb"@ wrote:

I'll be amazed if he doesn't switch to an EU post within a year or two. Much more free champagne to be had there for this "professional politician".
What a waste of space - wonder if he has ever broke a sweat...
PS: last comment applies to Cameron as well.

Bet Dave did break a sweat during the referendum, and in the 2010 election count too.
On 08/05/2015 11:00, Jacko wrote:

;-)
On 08/05/2015 07:24, tim..... wrote:

Given how low expectations of him were at the start, "better than expected" would be a difficult bar to get under!
--
Cheers,

John.

Yeah, nothing like what the pollsters predicted.
Not surprising giving the percentage of undecided voters tho.
Hell of a result with the SNP that no one predicted either.

And Farage in days.
On 08/05/2015 07:32, Jacko wrote:

They were predicting the SNP to take all the foreign seats last week.
Now we need their power to interfere in England removing!
If there had been a UK referendum on Scottish nationalisation they would have gone!

No they were not.

Isn't going to happen.

So do you believe that the entire EU should be voting on whether to kick Britain out ?
On 08/05/2015 13:31, Jacko wrote:

If they want to get rid of the UK they can vote.
I want the UK to vote on Scottish independence so we can get rid of them.
Tim Watts wrote:

With Balls down, both announcing they will do so within days, I'd say.
re: UKIP/LD voters, just as well I'm not a betting man eh?
On Fri, 08 May 2015 08:23:43 +0100, Andy Burns

At least with Balls gone, and probably Milliband standing down as leader, Labour may now develop a sensible and credible economic policy, compared with the profligate rubbish of the past. But with Mrs. Balls now well placed to become party leader, I wouldn't bet on it!
--

Chris

On 08/05/15 09:24, Chris Hogg wrote:

Labour is probably finished long term, the lib dems almost certainly are.
UKIP and SNP and the Greens are the parties that have traction.
SNP are just a narrow racist party of bigots, but that's what the scots want. Greens are getting huge funding and will be the new party of the hard left.
UKIP will become the new centre right party.

But as a UKIP fanatic, surely that's exactly what you approve of?
As ever, your 'logic' is weird.
--
*How much deeper would the oceans be without sponges? *

Oddly, no.
Which only goes to reveal your bigotry.

Not my logic, your delusions.

You've not read any of the racist and bigoted comments of UKIP members? I'm wondering how you could possibly have missed them?
--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

and that's Ok because they only hate the white English types...

And the BBC was all "SNP SNP SNP" - I did not see much excitement in Wales or even N Ireland over their voting results. Talk about one sided.

Not a chance. There is no other viable major.

We'll see...

SNP certainly have in Scotland. The other two have just one MP each.
There are plenty of other parties that leave that for dead.

Plenty say that about UKIP too.

Yes, but with just one MP, they are completely irrelevant, just like the Communists have always been.

Not a chance with just one MP and no 'leader'
On 08/05/15 11:14, Jacko wrote:

The difference is, that is not true.