OT Ecoflow magnetic products

A friend has asked me to become a distibutor for Ecoflow, a range of 'reverse polarity' magnetic collar or cuff devices claimed to ease pain in humans and animals, to reduce fuel consumption in petrol & diesel vehicles, and to reduce limescale.

I am deeply sceptical, being a fan of 'Return to the Forbidden Planet' but I would like to find out whether there is any evidence one way or the other as whether these products work.

Reply to
Homer2911

They work for some people. However, this is almost certainly due to a 'placebo' effect.

sponix

Reply to
sponix

If you *truly*, *truly* believe in them, they will work for you....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Clap your hands and Tinkerbell will live?

Reply to
Homer2911

The effect of magnets on pain in humans (due to a variety of diseases) has been tested scientifically. The best and most recent evidence strongly suggests that they have no beneficial effect.

(Beware of older studies. Sudying magnet therapy is very difficult, because the results can be severely biased if the participants test the bracelets to see whether they are magnetic, or just non-magnetic fakes).

Magnetic fuel conditioners have also been demonstrated not to work in controlled tests. Companies selling such devices are regularly targetted by trading standards and the advertising standards authority.

Reply to
Mark

No evidence they work. They are known to have a placebo effect only, which is all in the mind.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

And cure world poverty?

There's plenty of evidence the fuel conditioning part doesn't - they've been fined by trading standards. But your pal could sell to dribble on here - he believes such tosh.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Homer2911" saying something like:

Utter, pure, complete and unadulterated snake oil.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

If they did work don't you think that they'd be widely used in the NHS, transport fleets and council housing?

Reply to
Rob Morley

An official report just after Xmas said they were of no apparent value. (Teletext news)

Reply to
EricP

?adjudication_id=37807

Peter Parry

Homer2911

If you still harbour any faint enthusiasm for this fakery it is also worth carefully checking their rather odd "multi level marketing" quasi pyramid selling system whereby their "distributors" earn money for recruiting other distributors.

Reply to
Peter Parry

We have an imposter in the group.

MBQ