OT: dvd+hdd recorder with dual digi receiver

Sorry for posting off topic, but I wasn't sure where to ask about this. Does anyone know of a respectable brand machine that has i) hdd recording, ii) dvd recording, iii) two digital tuners and iv) USB 2.0 and or firewire inputs?

It's driving me mad trying to find such a thing. I want both hdd and dvd recording so that I can burn a disc and hand it over if I have recorded something for someone else or if want to watch a recording somewhere other than my home. I want two tuners so that I can watch one channel whilst recording another, but maintain the time-slip feature (i.e. actually recording two channels simultaneously. I'd also like as many useful input connections as possible to deposit video, audio and photos on the thing. Hard to find this lot in one package, it would seem.

Anyone got any ideas, or do I have to build it myself (possibly not as OT as I first thought, then)?

Thanks in advance, Jim.

Reply to
Jim Walsh

I put a Hauppage WinTV card in my Media Centre PC. 80% of the functionality you require for £70.

Having said that i think Media Centre sucks for watching live TV.

It is however great for recording things for friends who live abroad AND you can use Movie Maker to chop out the ads before making your DVD

Reply to
Vortex2

If money no object, the I believe Meridian has a modular system.

Otherwise you might need to look at assembling a pc with those components and then faffing with software to get it to do exactly what you want. I've heard about, but not tried, MythTV running on linux boxes(I run Ubuntu linux

- and I'm very impressed at how much more stable and reliable it is CW Windows).

There's also an established market in low noise or entirely silent PC's - obviously the very best kit (designed for professional recording studios) can get expensive.

Be careful selecting your TV tuner cards to ensure good software support under linux.

Reply to
dom

Not one package but I would be tempted to get a Humax 9300 and a dvd recorder. The Humax boxes are very good.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

I'm pretty sure Media centre will support two TV cards to do 100% of what's required.

As will Myth TV

dom

It will, mine has a Hauppauge TV PCI card and a Hauppauge USB TV. It gives two freeview receivers. You can buy dual tuner cards too.

Reply to
dennis

I can't tell the difference, neither crashes for weeks/months at time..

Reply to
dennis

Given the way each of these constituents standards change so often I'd stick with separate units.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)