OT. Don't trust theTories

The whole problem is that I don't think any of the parties really understand the problems different sections of society have. Indeed often the fixes for one makes life hard for another, so really whatever you do you are on a loser if you are a politician.
Turning this around, I see alot of moaners on all sides, but few solutions that woud be welcomed by all, so what do you do? Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff
Does it really matter, at this point in the process, which side a candidate supported? Article 50 has been triggered and we are on the way to Brexit. They are simply doing what any party does when an MP steps down from a safe seat - giving it to somebody they want in the government.
Reply to
Nightjar
I suspect people naively thought that "take back control" included control of candidate selection by local party members (rather than by the central custodians of the political class's stud book).
Reply to
Robin
Tory candidates, at least, are selected that way. Such as Julian Brasier's reselection as Tory candidate for Canterbury last night. Some 60 party members there.
And elsewhere I have seen attempts by Tory HQ to put their people in and watched them being seen off by the local party.
Reply to
Tim Streater
In article ,
'Take back control' never did refer to the people. Just from one set of normally dishonest politicians to another.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
No party lets the local members select candidates, they all vet them to protect their public image.
Reply to
dennis
Why are the Remoaners obsessed with abusing others rathar than presenting a reasoned argument?
Reply to
Capitol
Yes.
However what they are doing is giving it not to politicians who support what the local electorate want but what the central party wants.
The implication is perfectly clear: In any watered down brexit vote these people will be counted upon to support the goverment's BINO (Brexit in name only)
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
In article ,

So true. And we've now taken back control. And given it to one who supported the EU before the referendum. And doesn't seem to have a clue about the way forward. All very logical.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
Not yet. It's work in progress.
Yeah, so what.
Ah, doesn't *seem* to, eh? This is merely your opinion. With only your bluster to back it up.
Reply to
Tim Streater
It's spelled Brazier. Now, that doesn't matter really, except...
Did you know that Theresa May's maiden name is Brasier?
:)
Reply to
Bob Eager

Site Timeline Threads