OT Definition, please

I don't see those but I have noticed a lot of Brits saying it on radio, even Today presenters. Why can't they just say 'simple'?

That is, if that's what it means!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh good, I'm glad it's not just me :-)

That was the example which made me ask. I didn't quote it because I couldn't remember the details either and people do tend to pick you up on irrelevancies :-)

But I heard it as meaning that such a process (the dunking) wasn't a sensible thing to do - but while it fitted with the original quote the commentators didn't seem to have the same interpretation. I was confused.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In google, put define: before your search

Bit of a no-brainer really ;o)

Reply to
Gizmo