OT Decking page

Greengrocer's what?

Perhaps you mean greengrocers' apprentice's bicycles?

(Hope this is right! Otherwise Lynn Truss will kill me.)

Reply to
Huge

Greengrocer's whats?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I went to school with a girl called Lynne Truss. She was good at English as well, but this is not the same person.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Brace yourself for death!

Greengrocers' apprentices' bicycles (in general assuming more than one greengrocer and more than one apprentice))

Our local greengrocer's apprentices' bicycles (if he's a large greengrocer with more than one apprentice)

Arkwright's apprentice's bicycles (if it's just Granville and he has more than one bike)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Actually, Linn Truss could well be a piece of hi-fi. Or does it have to have a gratuitous "k"?

Reply to
Huge

Apostrophe's

Reply to
<me9

It doesn't make much sense. So you have one apprentice to several greengrocers with several bikes?

Reply to
dennis

Children's grammar used to be better than it is today.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Frank Erskine

That's because we used to have more grammar schools.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You mean something required when you have tried to lift those heavy concrete turntable and speaker bases? ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

You mean like the Linn Klanekli, optimised for male voice choirs?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Damn, you're right.

It should, of course be greengrocers' apprentice's bicycle.

And so on.

Reply to
Huge

Of course not. (i) It's English punctuation & (ii) I got it wrong anyway.

Reply to
Huge

*applause*
Reply to
Huge

*APPLAUSE* Wonderful, that's made my morning.
Reply to
Huge