Ot : Damn Britsh Gas

True, but I am sure the gas supplier rates that as SEP.

Reply to
John Rumm

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

Yeah, well, it wouldn't have happened if they hadn't mucked us about so badly. Moved in, arranged visit to change meter, waited in all day - no show. Rang them up. "Oh, sorry, we're not coming". Took ages to find out it was 'cos of late payment seven years earlier. Offered to pay Direct Debit. "Oh, that's fine, we'll be round tomorrow". Waited in all day, didn't turn up. Rang them up. "Oh, sorry, wer're not coming". Took ages to find out why. Apparently person who told me they were OK with DD wasn't right and they weren't. Rang nPower, who arrived bright and early next morning, replaced meter, signed up for DD payment and have been happy ever since.

Now, when BG call at the door take great delight in explaining exactly why I'll never ever ever go with them again for anything.

Even more fun when they ring at the door and start with "This is just a courtesy call". "Do you always greet someone by lying to them?" "Pardon?" "I've just answered the door and the first thing you say to me is a lie. I'm not one of your customers and you know this. So this must be a sales call, not a courtesy call. I don't like being lied to on my own doorstep. Goodbye"

Bloke before last broke the gate-latch, so annoyed was he. I enjoyed dropping him in it with BG's complaints dept. According to the next one he got sacked shortly after as quite a few people complained about him. This one said he'd put me down as DO NOT DISTURB, but it has't worked, they still call.

Reply to
Guy King

It is not a nanny state yet. The government have not taken control of "their" finances.

Have you ever worked in the houses of these people who cannot manage their finances? As well as paying more for their gas and electricity through the prepayment schemes they also tend to live in houses that use more energy than should be needed to keep their uninsulated and damp rented properties warm.

The cure?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Who said anything asbout involving the government?

Reply to
Andy Hall