OT: Climate Change Bullshit

On 26/11/2018 05:35, John Larkin wrote:

Nope. We can only use the online version of the small claims court.
I don't think that would work with Dungeness power station (Kent).

Glaciers in the Sierras? Where would those be, then?

Bicycling on sea-water? That's a clever trick. Why don't they just sail their boats?
--
The truth of the matter is that we Scots have always been more divided amongst
ourselves than pitted against the English. Scottish history before the Union of

Mostly south of Yosemite; ask Mr Google for the map. There seemed to be a new one near Squaw Valley last year, but I suspect the recent warm rains may have washed it away.
I got excited last Friday when Sugar Bowl emailed me to announce they would open a week early. Then it rained all night and I got another email...
--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

Must be 40 years since the one and only time I hiked in the Sierras. No sign of snow let alone ice.
--
The truth of the matter is that we Scots have always been more divided amongst
ourselves than pitted against the English. Scottish history before the Union of
On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 21:29:33 +0000, Tim Streater

Then I suppose those glacier maps must be faked.
--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement
On 26/11/2018 21:29, Tim Streater wrote:

Oh the peak tops are snow covered I think. Yoiu needed to go higher. I cant function much abobve 5000 feet these days..
http://glaciers.us/Glaciers-California.html
On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 10:08:08 +0000, The Natural Philosopher

Our cabin is at 6400, and you can tell the difference. I boiled the mashed potatoes for 1.25 hours, instead of 30 minutes or so at sea level.
Try hiking some time at 12,000 feet.
--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

Oh, like at 0 9' 18" S, 37 19' 3" E for example, or even 46 1' 30" N, 6 51' 10" E (the latter being a nice day trip if you live in Geneva).
--
"Please stop telling us what you feel. Please stop telling us what your
intuition is. Your intuitive feelings are of no interest whatsoever,
On 27/11/2018 15:13, John Larkin wrote:

I would die. It's that simple
--
“Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of

Some people die going to Denver, about a mile up.
And there are other hazards of altitude. Pens leak. Things explode.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jbyddg9012hv2p/Chips.jpg?dl=0
--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 19:09:34 -0800, John Larkin wrote:

I wouldn't touch them. Probably radio active as hell from the local nuclear power station.
On 27/11/2018 19:38, Cursitor Doom wrote:

LOL!

..I'd spend it on drink.

One assumes this is tongue in cheek.
There's a nice fish restaurant near the power station, at the end of the railway <https://www.rhdr.org.uk at Dungeness station.
--
"I love the way that Microsoft follows standards.
In much the same manner as fish follow migrating caribou."
On 27/11/18 21:55, Tim Streater wrote:

Or there's The Netter, the last of the mud-horse fisherman, with nets in the shadow of Hinkley Point. Brendan Sellick has retired and, the last I heard, his son Adrian has taken over.
While playing with live eels in their Belfast sink, my daughter viscerally understood why "as slippery as an eel" has entered the language.
(Similarly "flying by the seat of your pants" comes from reality, not imagination)
On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 19:38:26 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom

Nope. Only one nuclear power plant left in California: <https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/368581-california-approves-closure-of-last-nuclear-power-plant
The local Dungeness crabs don't have radiation problems. However, Domoic acid is a problem and has delayed the opening of crab season this year. Looks like it's mostly open now: <https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Fishing/Ocean/Regulations/Fishing-Map/San-Francisco#dungeness
"Commercial Dungeness Crab Season Delayed in Northern California" <https://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2018/11/20/commercial-dungeness-crab-season-delayed-in-northern-california/ More: <https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CEH/DFDCS/Pages/FDBPrograms/FoodSafetyProgram/DomoicAcid.aspx <https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/fishing/ocean/health-advisories

Erm, yes:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeness_Nuclear_Power_Station>
--
"The EU Customs Union is a racket that defends producers in rich countries
against producers in poor countries."
On 25/11/2018 20:51, TimW wrote:

Good to hear you are not talking to yourself anymore.
The deniers are those that refuse to accept the evidence of the data that however you spin the numbers, the graph of temperature against CO2 is simply not a log relationship as the CAGW theory predicts. In fact no value of 'climate sensitiviy' - the ultimade fudge factor - can be made to fit what should be a log curve to the real world data,
No one denies that climate changes. So that is a stupid and pejorative term. Designed to shuit down dissent from a shaky (but profitable) theory.
The question is what, (if anything*) causes it.
After 30 years of data, human generated CO2 can be ruled out.
That's the science.
Propaganda, profit power and politics of course say different.
* As a non linear system with multiple delayed negative feedback paths climate of course is chaotic and displays quasi periodic behaviour oscillating irregularly around one or more 'attractors'
private property.
On Monday, 26 November 2018 06:56:23 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Most CO2 generated ends up dissolved in the sea. As yo might expect. Hence the dying coral reefs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_bleaching
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 23:04:14 -0800 (PST), harry

There is considerable doubt about the real effect of global warming and ocean acidification on the health of corals. Quote: "global warming alarmism uses corals as the poster child for warming and acidifying oceans, none of which is scientifically justified", from https://tinyurl.com/ycqpmumz
See also https://tinyurl.com/yczs7bla and https://tinyurl.com/y9zt7k35
Comments further up this thread about the reliability of Wiki on topics that get 'captured' by pressure groups are relevant.
--

Chris

On 26/11/2018 07:42, Chris Hogg wrote:

Some years ago idly checking te specifications of a WWIUI german fiugfhrer aircraft, I realised thet there was a typo. Te engine power was gicven in bhp and in KW, for which te satndard cnversiuons is 0.7457KW = 1 bhp
The two figured s doin not match this *unless two digits were transposed*.
I did so, but within a day the original author had reimposed the wrong value.
I assume his 'source' was also in error. and he was merely passing it on as gospel...
Recieved wisdom creates echo chambers.
--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.