OT: Climate Change Bullshit

According to the NASA site, atmospheric C02 is currently at 400ppm (0.04) and rising exponentially (and some)...
https://tinyurl.com/y7afhl94
However, according to 'A Compendium of Chemistry' by Arnold & Mandel (1914)...
"The amount of carbon dioxide in the air amounts on average to 0.04 volume percent [400ppm], but may rise to one or two percent in rooms occupied by many persons or by the burning of many gas flames; experience has shown that it is not advisable to have more than 0.1 volume percent in a room for habitation. The purity of the air can be determined by estimating the amount of carbon dioxide contained therein."
So despite NASA's rather alarming looking graph, the amount of atmospheric CO2 is the same today as it was over 100 years ago.
It's only by referring to very old books written before the climate change agenda was drawn up that we can see the 'man-made global warming' meme is based on nothing but LIES.
If anyone I haven't plonked wants a scan of the original page from the 1914 volume I'm happy to supply it via email.
On 25/11/2018 15:16, Cursitor Doom wrote:

That figure of 400 does not give the margin of error, so it implies a figure of between 350 and 450.
And that assumes the source is accurate.
So, as a refutation of the evidence for climate change, it scores 0 out of 10.
On 11/25/2018 10:39 AM, GB wrote:

what does "the air" mean in the context of a chemistry text from 1914? Which air where. Sounds like the context is indoor air quality; gas interior lighting was still very common in 1914 and electric lighting didn't really start going mainstream in the first world until after WW1.
IMO ice cores and tree rings probably keep a more accurate record of historical CO2 concentrations than mutton-chopped compendium authors.
On 25/11/2018 16:08, bitrex wrote:

One tree ring. Not tree rings.
Climate alarmisism is based on one bristle cone pine in the Yamal peninsula.

ROPFLMAO
..I'd spend it on drink.
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 17:19:06 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Two Irishmen go looking for a job. After reading the vacancies list on the gatepost of a prospective employer, one says to the other: "That's a shame, Paddy. They're looking for tree-fellers and there's only the two of us." :-D
On 11/25/2018 12:19 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

They tried testing hair samples from tedious Usenet right-wingers at first; unfortunately the samples were too contaminated with leaded gasoline residue and illuminating gas from 1914 to be of much use.
On 25/11/2018 15:39, GB wrote:

You mean there is actual evidence for climate change?
Wow!
..I'd spend it on drink.
On 25/11/2018 15:39, GB wrote:

It's a bit late in the day for me to be bothered by all climate change stuff, and I'll just carry on as usual.
On 25/11/2018 15:58, newshound wrote:

Finally some reasonable data.
..I'd spend it on drink.
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 17:19:41 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I can go back as far as 1847 if need be (the oldest environmental chemistry book in my collection). I'll bet it's still 0.04% back then, too - before a single car was even produced.
On 25/11/2018 17:46, Cursitor Doom wrote:

The Wikipedia link gives ~300 in ~1900.
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 17:54:03 +0000, newshound wrote:

But this is the very *core* of the problem! All online sources are potentially compromised by 'environmentalists' with their own agenda to pursue. If you want *unbiased* and accurate figures you need to consult original hard-copy reference books published before the 'man-made global warming' meme originated.
On Sunday, 25 November 2018 18:04:36 UTC, Cursitor Doom wrote:

On topics where there's an axe to grind, Wiki is hopeless.
NT
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 10:25:20 -0800, tabbypurr wrote:

Yes, I've noticed! Look up any subject which there's likely a political agenda behind and you'll find it's locked and can't be edited or even questioned by anyone.
newshound wrote

Anybody can edit wikipedia.
On Sunday, 25 November 2018 18:42:12 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.org wrote:

On certain topics you can't. Eg:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher
On 25/11/2018 17:54, newshound wrote:

The nicest one of the Scripps datasets is the one showing all main stations and the lag between the CO2 variation in the northern hemisphere and reaching the southern hemisphere.
http://scrippsco2.ucsd.edu/graphics_gallery/other_stations/global_stations_co2_concentration_trends
Keeling's son went on to measure the corresponding decline in O2 - which is a technically much more difficult problem requiring the measurement of the O2:N2 ratio to 5 sig fig.
http://scrippso2.ucsd.edu/

It depends where and when you measure it. In cities back when gaslights were common and coal fires were the norm the concentration of CO2 indoors could be alarmngly high. And in the cities air both the CO2 and SO2 concentrations used to get alarmingly high causing November smogs.
Building stone used to turn black from the sulphur in the air. It was good for the roses though.
--
Regards,
Martin Brown
On 26/11/2018 09:43, Martin Brown wrote:

I remember articles in New Scientist back in the 70's where acid rain allegedly from UK power stations was said to be killing off Scandinavian forests.
You don't hear that any more.
These days our indigenous trees are under attack from pests arriving from the continent onboard imported plants, trees and shrubs.
On Monday, 26 November 2018 23:00:15 UTC, Andrew wrote:

You don't hear it anymore because action has been taken to remove SO2 from combustion gases. Plus many coal fired power stations have shut down.