OT: Chinese food (with a DIY slant !)

Remind me not to eat from a street vendor in Beijing...

"...soaked to a pulp in a plastic basin of caustic soda"

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Non-recommended DIY

Andy Burns

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net...

IME the stuff sold by the side of the street looks so disgusting that a westerner isn't minded to buy it for any reason other than curiosity.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I think that about stuff being sold on the street in Britain.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

As my wife once asked...

"where do they go to the toilet, and how do they wash their hands"

Both fair points, tbh !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

For most food establishments in the UK, the answer to the second question is "they don't" and for the first, the majority of food establishments in the UK have insanitary lavatory facilities.

My wife's business had an audit recently, she actually has lavatory facilities up to a decent standard, washing facilities and kitchen all fitted properly. The only comment at her inspection was that she had gone to too much trouble and didn't need to be that clean.

The comment made me shudder.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Come on then, where is it?

We should all be eating there.

Reply to
R D S

Or even at home :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In Hampshire, but you can't eat there it's just the commercial kitchen where she prepares jams, pickles, mustard etc.

Reply to
Steve Firth

In this shithole?

No chance.

Reply to
R D S

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net...

seems like this was a bogus news story:

(or knowing the Chinese system, perhaps not)

tim

Reply to
tim.....