OT. Channel Four are as bad as the BBC sometimes

I've just watched John Snow's report from the US. Utter total one-sided bias against Trump. Staggeringly one-sided. Now Dispatches are on about the housing shortage. They mention that it's partly due to the 'massive population increase' but they don't say why the population has increased.
Bill
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 07/11/2016 20:06, Bill Wright wrote:

I sometime wonder if people voted for Brexit because of the BBC stance on the subject.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
JoeJoe wrote:

I found myself automatically disagreeing with the BBC on everything. Then I stopped watching TV, stopped buying a licence, and I became much happier.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 07/11/2016 20:28, JoeJoe wrote:

You meant out of mad like?
Bill
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 08/11/2016 00:46, Bill Wright wrote:

No, but out of viewing their (vastly over-paid, almost exclusively oxbridge graduates) arrogant and biased presenters that are as antagonising as the politicians that most experts believe were the reason the "plebs up north" voted leave.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yes. Far better to take note of the vastly over paid 'oxbridge graduates' like Boris. At least you had the choice there - given he changed his mind so often.
And St Nige came from good working class stock, did he?
The very very sad thing is that all those 'working class plebs up north' who voted out on the basis of *promises* of a better life after leaving the EU are the most likely ones to be stuffed even more by an economic downturn.
The idea that this Tory government would somehow insulate them from the country as a whole getting poorer is simply pie in the sky. They've carried on with cuts to benefits for the low paid employed. And you ain't seen anything yet.
--
*I'm planning to be spontaneous tomorrow *

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 08/11/2016 15:32, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

There's nowt so strange as folk...
--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 08/11/2016 14:27, JoeJoe wrote:

Are these the same experts that no-one believes any-more?
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Odd the way you 'leavers' just love quoting newspapers who support your views.
--
*Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Monday, 7 November 2016 20:28:30 UTC, JoeJoe wrote:

An opinion formed from watching TV is an opinion not worth the TV tax demands they send me for a rather bad kind of bum-fodder
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 07/11/2016 8:28 PM, JoeJoe wrote:

TV is a big influence. Which is why I prefer to source elsewhere. In the case of Hillary, it may be that her campaign did, indeed, give less hope to people?
Another reasoning was that, because media gave Hillary a top of the leaderboard stance, Hillary supporters, feeling confident, didn't bother to get up and vote?
Television, other than a few programs, is mostly worthless.
My Grandad, during the 60's said, 'Son, never watch adverts. Pay little attention to news'.
Broadcasters want us to sit still and watch.
Given that TV is big business, why should I ever believe that; what they offer is in disregard for the business of itself and, is benefit to me? How many businesses do that?
While on the subject of TV, beware the Smart device. A camera that feeds much info to the controllers.
One night, you will invite a few friends around for a drink and a film(disregarding it's source), only for the tv to tell you, 'Sorry, too many viewers!'. Of course, like Cookies on the PC, only forced upon us with best intentions and our best viewing experience at heart'. Aaawh, so nice!
As for Hillary and Trump? Looking through the Net, Trump has done a few things that have upset quite a few, ordinary, people. A golf course in Scotland, as an instance.
Hillary, along with Mr Clinton? Out and out killer.
We will never, likely, find a 'people empowering' piece of news on TV. Does anyone remember the 'all channels' exclusive news of 2011; Iceland jailing bankers and ministers? There's a good reason we didn't!
...Ray.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I agree. It was completely disgraceful. I don't like Trump, but this was just ridiculous. However, it is not at all unusual on the mainstream media.

--
Jack

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Monday, 7 November 2016 20:07:00 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:

Is it because people are having more children because what's on the telly is so crap of an evening?
Owain
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 07/11/2016 22:51, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

I don't see a shortage around here, they have built hundreds of new homes and are still building them. It takes a while for them to sell too.
The schools around here have a big building program running too. As are the hospitals.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Aberdeen is awash with new housing. And older not selling well too. Of course mainly 'executive' stuff. Not the first time buyer properties so needed everywhere. Not enough profit in those.

Oddly, we need workers to both pay for these and build them.
But some here just want enough to look after them in an old folk's home.
--
*I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 07/11/16 20:06, Bill Wright wrote:

So you want to hear that it's all about immigration, even though that would be a lie. Farage or the Mail will tell you that, and plenty of other lies too. Stick with them in future.
TW
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, 8 November 2016 01:19:07 UTC, TimW wrote:

It's you that's the brain dead liar. As usual. https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/key-topics/population
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 08/11/16 07:45, harry wrote:

I don't read links you post Harry because I have learned that you don't read them yourself.
Let me tell you again. You have totally failed and refused to assimilate yourself to British Culture. You don't accept the core values of tolerance, openess, equality, love of justice and respect for others. So by your own standards you really need to leave and live somewhere else. There is no place for you in the UK. They won't want you in France but you could start by moving into a tent at Ramsgate and trying to hitch a lift on a lorry.
Bye.
TW
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

But if you insist on making tolerance a core value of British Culture, and you claim to encompass those values yourself, then you have no choice but to tolerate Harry and his opinions.
Either you're tolerant or you're not. You can't pick and choose to tolerate only those things which don't offend your own sensibilities too much.
Suggesting people move elsewhere is not very tolerant is it ?
Whereas if Harry hasn't claimed to be tolerant in the first place, then he would seem to have carte blanche in such matters.
BTW the core value stuff is nonsense. It was all dreamed up so at to assuage the guilt of the plantation and mill owning classes. The ordinary working classes whether on plantations or in Cotton Mills never got a look in. And they still haven't.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 08/11/16 12:18, Moron Watch wrote:

It's all about 'Cultural Norms'. The Turnip just told me. Harry doesn't share our 'Cultural Norms', it's nothing to do with his skin colour, if he doesn't behave like a decent Englishman I can complain about him being in my country. I am not a racist.
TW
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.