OT: Cash card reader?

I've used several of these recently in Scotland and they seem to be on the increase

Doubt a notice would be effective. It could easily have been placed there by the scammers and if it was behind their window I doubt anyone would have noticed it.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

It could go on the screen like the adverts do.

Reply to
dennis

When there's no card in the machine, they could usefully display a photo on the screen showing exactly what the slot is supposed to look like, and inviting you to check it before putting your card in. Not just for these new-fangled slots, but for *all* cash machines.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

now that's an simple idea that should work

Reply to
Kevin

The one I most often use has been doing this for probably a couple of years now.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

generally.

-- Nige Danton

Reply to
Nige Danton

Or shoulder surfing with a mobile phone pretending to make a call, but actually videoing you enter the pin.

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , Kevin writes

Umm, they already do. My local Tesco has this sort of thing on the machines outside and inside but I can't remember if it shows when you insert the card or before. Been a while since I used one.

Reply to
Clint Sharp