OT Cars for women

I often wondered what on earth made them use such music behind these things. It is truly annoying, and always was, The blatant sexist attitude is rather painful though, I have to say. The phrase 'little woman' did not appear, but most of the other condescending ones did.

I wonder what happened to names like the Piranha and stiletto, both completely ridiculous names for cars. However The Americans used Cadillac which I thought had something to do with livestock. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Grown men playing with and bemused by electric windows

Reply to
billyorange007

A Cadillac is a lone golfer, surely?

Reply to
Bert Coules

In message snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk>, Bert Coules snipped-for-privacy@bertcoules.co.uk> writes

<groan> :-)
Reply to
Graeme

As apposed to electric women? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Is it not something to do with the muscle content of cattle? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes I ignore that old pun. I think I heard that when I was 7, but only understood it when I was 12. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Cadillac was the founder.

If my memory serves, he started out when then original Ford Co got into trouble and was later swallowed up into GM. He was actually a manufacturing pioneer, up there with Henry Ford.

As for some of the cars, perhaps the less said the better ;-)

Reply to
Brian Reay