OT: Carpenter costs

I'm not even attempting to go the DIY route on this one, as I know I'm useless at working with wood. I've had a quote to put in a new double door frame, this doesn't include the mouldings which I will be tracking down, nor the pair of bi-fold doors. The quote is nearly 400 quid, so around 550 including the doors, he reckons it's a full days job for him and his (presumably) apprentice.

I know you'll all say "get another quote" but out of a dozen this is the only one that bothered to ring me back, and he turned up on time to do the quote, so he's on a winner if the assembled wisdom on here thinks the price isn't too far off (Birmingham, Solihull area btw).

Thanks

Reply to
mike. buckley

hi fellow rd owner!

whats he actualy got to do? remove the wall and fit a rsj? then screw a frame in place? or just remove one and fit anouther?

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

What is RD?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

RD350 is a bike, a Yamaha IIRC.

Reply to
Grunff

Oh.......

Never been into those.......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've always preferred 4 wheels, but have several friends who are seriously into their bikes.

Reply to
Grunff

Pay the apprentice £50, £350 for days work not a bad earner!

Reply to
Dave Jones

In message , r.p.mcmurphy writes

No, there is an existing door frame, it's just not a very good one and I'd like it replacing seeing as we're having 2 new doors anyway.

Reply to
mike. buckley

Too tiring - all that pedalling...

Reply to