OT: Can you get a DIN out to mini-jack (or phono) converter?

I know this is off topic but the organ groups are plonkers.
Can you still get a converter for an old DIN socket? My mum has given the kids an old Philips Philicorda organ and we were wondering if it is possible to get headphones to connect up for obvious reasons!
TIA Suzanne
Suz wrote:

The combination of these two should work (assuming the signal level is ok to drive headphones):
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo 95&doy(m5
and
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo 6&TabID=1&source&WorldID=&doy(m5
HTH,
Chris
--
Cut along the dotted line to reply

Aah nuts!
antgel wrote:

Ah, I only just beat you to it :-). And if Owain is correct and it is a 4 pin DIN rather than a 5 pin DIN we've both stuffed up ;-)
Cheers,
Chris
--
Cut along the dotted line to reply

After all the help I've been given around here, it's actually a pleasure to be able to give some back.
Assuming that it's a 5-pin DIN, you could try something like http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo 95&doy(m5.
If the headphones have a 3.5mm plug, then one of these as well: http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo 6&doy(m5
Antony
Suz wrote:

I doubt you can still get a converter, but you can still get DIN plugs and sockets. A quick google suggests you probably want a 360degree 4pin DIN plug - Maplin HH26D @ 49p, and a 3.5mm stereo jack line socket - RK51F @ 79p, and a metre of cheap flex to join them, eg XR20W @ 49p /m. Add a soldering iron and a steady hand ...
Owain
Thanks all for the replies. None of it makes the least sense to me, but him indoors grunted knowingly at your anwers.
Ta, Suzanne.

It's likely the output level is too low to drive a pair of headphones properly. However, you can buy ready made headphone amps or build one from a kit
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo )04&doy)m5D
You'd also need a suitable wall wart power supply. The DIN connector needed and headphone socket can also be bought from them. As can a suitable box, etc.
If stereo, then something like this might be better
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo7787&doy )m5D
--
*"I am " is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. *