OT: Boycott speaks out about remoaners.

Cricket star Geoffery Boycott has slammed Remainers who want another vote, urging Theresa May to ?believe in democracy?.

Speaking on GMB, Boycott laid into Remainers saying: ?They don?t believe in democracy anymore, they just want to keep having a new vote until they get what they want. They are like a spoilt child in the playground where in the old days the teacher would have given them a slap.?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Precisely, the bloke is right, and with seven O levels he is probably at the intellectual forefront of the Brexit voters.

Screw your country pillocks, do something to be proud of. Tell your grandchildren that they have nothing worth a bean because a cricketer gave you the wrong advice. Even the most ardent tory would find it difficult to blame labour for this one, so in the absence of a rounders player or dominos guru, Botham must be fair game for taking the flak.

Has the Wetherspoons bloke finally woke up? I thought he was the Brexit supporter up till now?

A slap is nearer to democracy eh? Seven O levels does not seem to provide much in the way of intelligence methinks.

Stop dreaming up reasons to leave, just go, shut up and let Europe carry on without you.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

How did this trolling prick get out of my killfile..

Reply to
Martyn Barclay

And Boycott is a responsible, credible source. Not.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Actually I think that is not the reason I'm thinking of.Think about it for a moment, if people in the EU thought that it was a possibility we might have a vote on the terms of leaving then you would not get anyone at the EU cutting us any slack as the worse the terms are, the more likely we would vote to stay, and I'd hate that reason to be the reason for staying. That is the way bullys work. No we have to come out now, as otherwise the EU will simply point at us and warn off anyone else wanting to leave.

The mistake was made too long ago now. The lack of details at the time of the referendum and the made up 'facts' from both sides making the decision more like a lottery. There is a saying, you make your own bed, then you need to lay on it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well frankly he seems a better judge of human nature than e.g. Bob Geldof.

The man who conned millions to finance african wars.

Or perhaps one could say Geldof is a superb judge of human nature.

He just isn't on the side of ordinary people.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Probably doesn?t like the EU because it was a French Court that convicted him for indulging in his penchant for slapping, in the case it was hitting a girlfriend with others coming forward to say he had hit them in the past. Still whinges about being treated unfairly even though he couldn?t be arsed to turn up at the first hearing as arrogantly claimed to be too busy, and at the second trial lost his temper a couple of times and telling a lawyer to shut up showed the Judge his true colours. And he describes others as behaving like a spoiled child.

GH

Reply to
Marland

I'm sure you hang on his every word, as an expert in such things.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It annoys me when media personalities, film stars, sportsmen or whoever express an opinion on something that is not in their field of expertise, and the rest of us are expected to accept that opinion as valid or worthy or credible, just because the person expressing it is a media personality etc. when in fact it's no more valid than the opinion expressed by any ordinary man or woman on the street.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Are you in thrall to all minor celebrities? Bet you know everyone on 'I'm a celebrity...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd say it's desperately scraping the barrel for support by Turnip. No other explanation possible.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

+1
Reply to
Tim Streater

Noted that all Remoaner responses are ad hominem arguments, rather than add ressing the point.

It is newsworthy (whether you like it or not) when a celeb comments on impo rtant issues and in this case, regardless of rather limited academic creden tials, the man makes a sound point. To reject that point is to set aside de mocratic principles and favour a ruling class that (some might consider) kn ows better than the plebs.

Ant.

Reply to
anonymousrapscallion

It's not even worthy of a serious reply, since there won't be another referendum.

Why is it newsworthy when some has been celeb says something others have said many many times before?

The far more interesting point is the likes of Turnip clutching at straws.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In the same vein you have products with AS SEEN ON TV marked on the packaging , as if paying for a slot at the cheapest rates in the early hours possibly being demonstrated by some so called celebrity that hasn?t been heard of outside of a working men?s club in Wigan somehow adds credence to the products abilities to restore a bathroom unwashed since WW2 to as new condition.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Well that is the way marketing the Left is done.

Apperently (sic!) we dont wnat to have bad opinions of those people whose public personas we like.

But IU posetd it more as a triubute to Geoffrey's pithy dour northern plain speaking than as an exemplar of Truth.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Doesnt take long with the Eurotrolls to come up with some ad hominem does it?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Remind me never to visit you.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1

Dont feed the trolls.

Not that One deliberately taunts the lesser able, it's just that facts are never kind to idiots.

Do a Trump and quote "fake newsgroups" if any point I put forward does not gel with your reasoning.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

You have a good point.

Perhaps the one thing to come out of it all will be a rethink on UK politics.

Going back to when we joined the EU, there was a lot more social awareness, there were grants for home improvements, looney bins for the people that are now just being sent to prison and people didn't have their homes taken if they went into care.

What is now scandalous is the fact that we have nearly full employment but so many are on the breadline and in debt. This isn't an EU thing, it's completely home grown.

We had loan sharks in the 60's but they were supplying funds for new fangled vacuums and TV's, not day to day neccessities.

Methinks greed has become more acceptable and is the prime motivating force. People unable to see beyond their own bank accounts, let alone look at the European picture.

We may have to pay some Poles to wash the excrement off the mattress :-)